mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
I hope this doesn't get laughed at, but if it does so be it.

Has the topic of mIRC brand apparel ever been discussed? Now I'm not talking about a full clothing line. Perhaps just baseball caps, simple polo shirts, t-shirts and babydoll shirt versions. Also, other items would be fun, like mousepads, drink coasters, USB drives with mIRC logo on them? Other 'promotional' type items could be offered with the mIRC logo on them. That could also be an alternative source of income for Khaled perhaps.

I think CafePress, http://www.cafepress.com/ , could handle some of this type of stuff without any large investment on Khaled's part.

I have some staff on a channel where I'm one of the administrative moderators. I'm considering buying some USB memory sticks and pre-installing mIRC on them, then mailing them to my staff so they have a reliable IRC client for their Windows platform systems. It would be neat if those USB sticks had the mIRC logo on them. One or two gigabyte USB sticks would do the job for a basic installation. Personally, I'm considering registering their mIRC apps for them (Yes, I'm that nice to my staff).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. I've seen lesser known products have their own brand of clothing available through CafePress.

Oh, by the way, I would wear a mIRC baseball cap. So, I'm not just suggesting something I wouldn't wear myself. I would wear a hat and I'd buy a mIRC mousepad, USB memory sticks, etc..

Last edited by Lloyd_B; 15/08/10 05:33 AM.

Lloyd
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I'd love to have a baseballcap or t-shirt/hoodie with the mIRC logo on it. :_)

Originally Posted By: Lloyd_B
One or two gigabyte USB sticks would do the job for a basic installation.

That sounds like overkill. Even a 4MB USB drive would suffice ;_) (yes, I realize that those are probably hard to come by nowadays ;_))

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
Originally Posted By: Knoeki
That sounds like overkill. Even a 4MB USB drive would suffice ;_) (yes, I realize that those are probably hard to come by nowadays ;_))

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention anything smaller. In Fact, the stores local to me don't even carry 1GB USB sticks anymore. Everything is 2GB or larger.

Lloyd
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
This is kinda sad that this thread hasn't gone far at all.

I know that this forum is for mIRC, the software application. However, I thought that perhaps there would be enough of a following that we would have enough interest and spirit in mIRC to develop a customer base for some clothing and themed accessories with the mIRC logo on it. I personally don't care if other people don't immediately know what it is, I know what it is which is good enough for me to wear it, or use it if it's something that's not clothing like a USB memory stick. It would also be a good way to advertise mIRC and advertise IRC in general. After all, IRC was around before these different IM clients and protocols were created.

Well, I'll shut up now. I just wanted to try to see if there was some interest in this idea of mIRC themed clothing, mousepads, gadgets, and accessories.

Lloyd
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I could go for a coffee cup or two wink
Maybe a half dozen beer glasses for when friends drop by laugh

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; 27/08/10 10:49 PM.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
L
Lloyd_B Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
L
Originally Posted By: CtrlAltDel
I could go for a coffee cup or two wink
Maybe a half dozen beer glasses for when friends drop by laugh

That's a couple excellent ideas. Seriously, I would buy a coffee cup too. Beer glasses are also a good idea though, even if they're not used for beer. (I personally don't drink but chilled beer glasses are good for other beverages as well)

Edit 11:05pm EST:
I just composed and sent an email to Khaled. He's always been a good person to communicate with. I hope he responds in a positive manner.

Last edited by Lloyd_B; 28/08/10 03:46 AM.

Lloyd
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have thought about this a few times :-) At one point I created accounts with different t-shirt printing companies, including cafepress, to experiment a little. However I was not really happy with creating run-of-the-mill designs. I wanted a bit of kappow and pizzaz. Designs with some style and character! And most of all value. Apparel are not that cheap - if a user is going to spend money on an mIRC t-shirt or mug, I want it to be a memorable and lasting experience :-) I did find a few designers whose art I liked on sites like threadless.com and uneetee.com, to mention a few, however I never got around to emailing them to see if they could come up with nifty designs incorporating the mIRC logo. Maybe now is a good time to look into this again.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
IMHO it doesn't really need to have any additional design. Just a mug / cap / shirt / hoodie with just the mIRC logo on it would be pretty awesome in itself (:

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
How about a contest to have everyone submit artwork to be judged and selected from (winner gets a free t-shirt, or mug, or registration) smile

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
I'd wear a mIRC cap! *imagines being in full mIRC apparel*

I could replace Khaled on the evaluation dialog! ;D

*goes away to think of a superhero type name*

N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Ooooh mIRC apparel? I'd buy.

"There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live."

Link Copied to Clipboard