mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pottus Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
I guess I have to be one of the top freeloaders when it comes to using mIRC.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you feel that is something to be proud of?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
admirable, but i'm afraid i have you bested:

38 years

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Gee.. guess that means you've been using mIRC since before it was written.

P
Pottus Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
No I'm just admitting that I'm a freeloading bum and want to see if any others come forward.

Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Do you feel that is something to be proud of?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Given that this number of days comes to around ten years you obviously don't spend much money on buying new computers either.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
3893 days? With no delay timer during the first 30 days, you had the annoying wait for dialog for 3863 days. I forgot how long that dialog lasted... about 30 seconds, right?

Say you start mIRC once per week. That means you wasted 275 minutes (over 4 hours) just waiting for that screen to pass. It should be quite possible to earn 20 dollars in 4 and a half hours.

And that's assuming you start mIRC only once per week.

Learning something new every day.
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
wow I have never thought of it like that. One of these days I'll have to buy a reg code. granted 20 bucks is multiple meals when you're in college and waiting is just annoying. ^_^

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I have seen numerous posts over the years regarding discounts and/or trialpay options for mIRC.

In most, if not all, of these situations, you should or need to contact Khaled directly at Khaled@mirc.com

E-mail him and explain your situation. He will work with you.
I know this for fact, as that is how I managed to get my code.

P
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
P
ive only been using mirc for 33 days and it wont let me continue.. its either register or exit.. how do i get it 2 contine??? help someoneeee frown

P
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
P
I started using mIRC when I was 13 or so (I'm 24 today), back when it was still version 5.x.

I used it for years without registering, reason being at that age I didn't really have a method of paying for it and back then you could de-activate the pop-up window at startup for non-registered copies so it wasn't a nuisance.

I finally registered for it on December 31st, 2005 (I still have the original Email I was sent upon registration; I was 19 at the time), some months after having been at my first full-time job and having registered for PayPal to pay for it.

It's been a very wonderful, legally registered and paid for, tool since then. grin

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The trial period is 30 days.
The proper way to continue using it after 30 days is to register it.
At one point you could continue to use mIRC unregistered after the 30 days (as obviously pointed out by some of the earlier screenshots), but it appears that Khaled has gotten tired of people using it past the 30 day mark and has implemented a mandatory "pay or don't use" type policy after the 30 days.

Note that only Khaled can confirm or deny this outright.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
IIRC, you could click it away instantly before the 30 days are over and have to wait for about 30 seconds after. Perhaps some people didn't wait the 30 seconds.

I know that was the case for 6.35 a couple of weeks ago, as I had to install mIRC at a second computer while I was reinstalling my first computer.

Haven't tried it under 7.x yet, though. Policy might have changed.

Learning something new every day.
M
MRN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I think I used it for 9 or 10 years before regging mIRC.

Long before the dialog poped up smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It should work regardless but to be on the safe side why not register and stop wasting everyone's time.

K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
I got a free copy of mIRC for my Aunt's house using TrialPay. All you have to do is sign up for one free offer that you can cancel. You just need a credit card...and a prepaid debit card will work too. I also paid $20 for mIRC when they were offering to donate all the proceeds to Doctors Without Borders. It was the probably the best $20 I ever spent.

-Scoobs8
I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
To be honest, heck, I used it maybe 1500 days or so before registering. Then again, at first I was in school, and then for a while after that I had no Credit Card, and I was even more cautious about PayPal. It bit on me more and more, sure. A one-time $20 contribution for 3 registrations is a deal for such a feature-filled program, to the point where I broke down and bought my code the moment I got a Mastercard. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard