mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#225027 24/08/10 03:49 AM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R

Does anyone have a list of the less common element names used in the /color <namd> <indes> command?

the channel, query, and status windows names are obvious from the Color dialogue pop-up, and while the dialog permits modification of the colors for the Listbox, Eidtbox, Treebox, and Inactive parts of the screen, the <name> keywords are not obvious.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I believe that the list you are looking for would consist of: Action, CTCP, Highlight, Info, Info2, Invite, Join, Kick, Mode, Nick, Normal, Notice, Notify, Other, Own, Part, Quit, Topic, Wallops, Whois, Listbox, Gray, Title, Treebar, Editbox, and Inactive

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
there's also Background, Editbox Text, ListBox Text and Treebar Text

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The only one I see in your "list" that wasn't in mine is Background, though I'm wondering how that would work, since all the rest of text types, and (to the best of my knowledge) you can't send a message in background.

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
'Background' is for the default window background colour

the other 3 refer to elements with which it's possible to change the background colour as well as the colour of the text they contain:

Code:
//color editbox 4 | color editbox text 3 | editbox -a merry christmas

which shows /color editbox and /color editbox text change different things

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
okay, thanks for the various thoughts on the keywords: here is a code snippet from a reset function....

color editbox %white
color editbox text %black
color listbox %white
color listbox text %black
color inactive %white
color inactive text %black
color treebox %white
color treebox text %black

the first five work as expected, but the last three all produce an error message "* /color: invalid parameters (line <num?, <script>.mrc)" which leads me to conclude that "inactive text" "treebox" and "treebox text" are invalid keywords.

Has anyone searched the binary (using a Uni-code editor) to find the correct ketyword text strings for these elements?

thanks,

Richard

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
People never said Treebox existed. Treebar however...

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
"Inactive text" does not exist as a separate colour (there's only one editbox text colour, whether active or inactive). mIRC tells you what options are available by drawing a dotted frame around any item you click in the Color dialog. As you can find out, there is no frame drawn around "Inactive" alone - it's drawn around the entire editbox that contains that word. Another clue that "Inactive" refers to the background is simply its name: it's not called "Inactive text" (like "Editbox text").

Last edited by qwerty; 24/08/10 05:19 PM.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
that did the trick, thanks!

Richard

Link Copied to Clipboard