mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
#206 08/12/03 07:18 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Goto mIRC Options -> Other -> Lock and uncheck the "Send" and "Get" boxes.

#207 08/12/03 07:38 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
OK, somehow they were both checked. I can now receive, but still cannot send.

Will check further to see if any of the above suggestions now work.

Thanks Collective!

#208 09/12/03 06:37 PM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
OK, the final answer came when I opened access through my firewall. As soon as I enabled my computer to access the Internet direcly I could send as well as receive.

Needless to say, I will chose this option with care. Not only do I not wish to open any of my computers to exploits, but it is a pain to have to enable/disable the connection. I will put up with it though, as I will not leave the firewall down for long.

Thank you all for you assistance. wink

#209 12/12/03 01:33 AM
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
I have a curious problem:
My configuration is:
dcc options
dcc ports: 7891-7895
I already checked my router and it's no blocking that range of ports.
When I try to send a file or try to begin a chat window to someone, mirc opens a socket in a correct port (between 7891-7895).. I checked it with: netstat -an -p tcp
But.. but.. but.. my friend catchs my mirc's ctcp message with:
ctcp 1:*:*:$1-
and he sees something like this:
DCC SEND file.xxx 12384983 10456 34820
Can you see the number 10456? It's supposed to be the number port! But.. the socket was opened in the range of 7891-7895.
Of course, my friend got the message "unable to connect".
I really can't understand what is happening.
I'm using mirc 6.12
What's wrong?
Thanks

#210 13/12/03 01:01 AM
P
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
P
I can't DCC send either, and I have read all of this, and so many other threads about this, and other information pages and so on, but the main question I have is, how the hell do I forward ports? There's nothing in the configuration page of my router that says anything about that, and because I'm not a computer whizz, I have no idea..can someone please help me? I have a 4 port dsl gateway router made by Belkin.
Thanks in advance
PixieDust

#211 13/12/03 02:19 AM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
JC, in future could you please not crosspost (put the same post on multiple threads)? Most ppl read all the forums, and It gets confusing when ppl are trying to figure out who said what where so they dont repeat themselves or others and have all the info in one place. Thanks smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#212 13/12/03 02:34 AM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
Pixie, have you checked the belkin url in the first post on this thread? (i know you said you've already done a lot of reading, and i commend you for that!) Be sure you also read the part about dsl in that post since you may need to make adjustments at the dsl level (if allowed) Also try the www.practicallynetworked.com page as it has tons of useful info. http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all has lots of info on various routers

I dont remember if anyone has previously posted info specific to setting up a belkin, but you can try using our search feature, set it to all forums and all posts and use belkin as the search term.

#213 13/12/03 03:09 PM
P
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
P
ParaBrat - thanks for your reply, but I actually found someone to help me last night and they were able to sort the problems out...I'm still a bit confused, but as long as it's working, I'm happy smile
Cheers
PixieDust

#214 13/12/03 07:29 PM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
You're welcome, glad you found someone to help you sort it out smile

#215 18/12/03 03:34 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
OK, I have narrowed down the problem to my Router/firewall. When it's disabled for the system I'm communicating with I can send; otherwise, not.

I have decided to leave it like this rather than set up a whole in the firewall to send through. I can always temporarily disable the firewall if I wish to send something.

Thanks for all the help! grin

#216 23/12/03 07:12 PM
Y
Babel fish
Babel fish
Y
So here's the prob:

I used to DCC Send with no problems. Well, suddenly I couldnt send files anymore. And this didnt happen after a reboot or a system config change, NO, it happened right after I sent a file, without changing ANY crap on the computer.
Since 2 weeks, everytime I try to send a file, the destination sees "failed to connect" and the send doesn't start.
I have a Draytek 2600 Vigor router, but that's not the problem sice with NO port forwarding I used to send files and from the other PC i send files with Mirc...no problems.
There's no ip mismatch, no firewall, no anything. What can I do? Thanks a lot smile

#217 24/12/03 08:10 PM
K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
hi there
i hope u can help solve my problem.
previuosly, i'm using a dlink router and it works well with the dcc send.i just need to change the dcc ports in the dcc option according with what they teach me at dlink website.
but, currently i've changed my router to 3com OfficeConnect Wireless 11b Cable/DSL Gateway.and i cant send dcc while using this 3com router.i dont know which dcc ports is the right port as it seem the web based configuration of this 3com router is not so helpful as it doesnt teach me the step by step procedures. or is it a must to setup a virtual server? i tried to seacrh at 3com.com for more FAQ or support but failed.i hope u cant help me solve this problem. thanx...not to mention.. i'm using the wireless card.

#218 24/12/03 08:23 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Try this page and email them. Technical Support query is what you need. You may also need to read any manuals that came with the router. All routers have a port forwarding feature (or port services) - that is, in part, the point of a router.

To set up mIRC's DCC ports, go to ALT+O > DCC > Options - the default is 1024 - 5000, but any two consecutive ports (i.e. 4441 - 4442) should work, provided those exact same ports are set up with the router.

You may also want to run a Search on these Forums for threads related to routers. Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results.

I hope you get your DCC problems sorted out soon!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#219 24/12/03 08:43 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If it's feasible, I suggest you disconnect the router (or forward ports 1024-5000 on the router) on a temporary basis, and then try DCC sending, just to eliminate that factor. If it works, then contact your router manufacturer if you don't know how to port forward with your router or see if they have other suggestions.

If you have Windows XP then check out these instructions on how to disable the Firewall that comes with it - the majority of people who use XP have no idea the Firewall is on.

If you haven't already, try DCC sending to 2/3 other people to make sure it's your end that is the problem. It could have been a problem with the user you were sending to. Again, even though you're sure there is no IP mismatch, type /localinfo -u to be doubly sure (always helps!) and try DCC sending again.

If none of the above work, you may want to wait for other peoples suggestions or run a Search - there are so many threads related to DCC issues! Expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results.

Good luck, and have a Merry Christmas smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#220 24/12/03 08:51 PM
K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
thanx for ur promt reply and the information u gave

but i still confuse about the dcc ports. how could i know that the consecutive port (eg 4441-4442) is same as set up with the router? or should i test with any ports?just wanna know, what is trigger port? and what is incoming ports?

unfortunately there is no manual comes with the router.

#221 24/12/03 09:40 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Experimenting with the ports is fine. You can set any two consecutive ports in your router in the range of 1024-5000. 4441-4442 was just an example, you don't have to do that smile

As for "trigger port" I'm afraid I don't know - you'll have to contact the router manufacturer or hope that someone on the boards know smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#222 09/01/04 04:50 AM
O
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
O
Hi Para,
I've tried all the tricks/tips on this forum but to no avail. I still can't DCC send. I initially thought it was do to with blocked ports but now I think its IP issue. This was addressed by user vague. He had a link to a script that was posted but since been deleted.

Can u pls help me. I dont want to end up in a mental asylum as this problem is driving me nuts.

My system config are as follows:
PIV, 512MB RAM, MIRC6.12, Win ME, no firewall and on ADSL 512k/128k. My ADSL modem is a Dynalink AL070. I use Blackice defender but I turned it off when using MIRC but to no effect.

Thank you.
Ozzie

#223 09/01/04 05:36 AM
Z
zfr Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Have you checked if mIRC could obtain your real (external) IP address after typing /localinfo -u ?

If you are connected to a server that masks you host/IP address, this command may not work. It's because some servers don't send a user's real host/IP even to the user himself.

As you are on a dsl connection, /localinfo -h won't work either.

The only thing that comes to my mind is learning your real/external IP address and manually entering it into mIRC Options, Connect >> Local Info

Good luck.

#224 09/01/04 10:09 AM
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
-have you checked the dsl settings (if you can web or telnet into them)

-have you tried manually putting in the correct ip

-do you perhaps mean the link in this thread

#225 12/01/04 04:25 AM
O
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
O
Mate,
Both localinfo -u and -h show my correct IP. According to my ISP its a static IP.
So I really dont know why I cant send. Do u have any other suggestion. I am abt to cry.........

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard