Print Thread
M
mlansky Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Hi,

Ok, now this is getting super frustrating. I tried uninstalling mIRC and then reinstalling version 7.1 again. It works, but when I try to copy & paste my older mIRC ini settings into the newest version 7.1 of mIRC, it's not doing anything. I don't want to have to change all my settings manually. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me out???

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
If your on Windows XP, copy it to the Application Data folder

" C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe\Application Data\mIRC "

Change " John Doe " to the name you see on your Start Menu.

If your on Vista/7, I have no clue.

M
mlansky Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
maconga,

I did what you mentioned in your post and it worked! Except it only works with version 6.35, not the newest version. I have no idea why it won't work with the newest version of mIRC 7.1. Maybe there's a bug with it that still needs fixing. Regardless, it's working and I'm now able to open up mIRC.

Thanks again..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There were changes to the mIRC.ini file for 7.1, so using an older mIRC.ini file is probably not a good idea. It should still work, but you may end up with settings you're not expecting and there's a note on a possible bug in the bugs forum related to doing that where the text wraps incorrectly. You'd really be better off just setting up your options manually. It really doesn't take that much time and you'll learn the new options and settings by going through it anyhow. I can fully set up all of mIRC's options the way I want them in probably 5 minutes and definitely no more than 10.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I believe installing 7.1 over 6.35 will have it update the settings ini so it'll work. but just copying the ini from 6.35 (or older) into 7.x won't work.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
M
mlansky Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Riamus2,

Thank you for your reply. Yea I was wondering why I couldn't get version 7.1 to work with my old ini settings. I'm glad that I posted my question on this board. For the time being, I'm just going to use version 6.35. In time, I'll have to go through my setting and like Riamus2 mentioned, I'll just have to set up all of mIRC's options manually. Is there anything else I should know about version 7.1 compared to version 6.35?

M
mlansky Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
pball,

Thank you for your response :p Well, I initially just installed 7.1 over 6.35 and it didn't update my ini settings to my old settings and every time I tried to open up mIRC, it wouldn't open and my internet would stop working. I'd then have to restart my computer every time this happened which was super frustrating. So then I just tried copying my old ini file from version 6.35 into the 7.1 version like you mentioned in your post and that didn't work either. So for the time being, I'm just going to stick with 6.35. Maybe in a newer version of mIRC that issue will be corrected.

Thanks again for your input.

Link Copied to Clipboard