mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hi Guys,

How you all doing? I'll outline the problem and it's a bit long so please bare with me.

I’ve been connecting to irc.icq.com for many years. The problem only occurs recently and I have no idea why. I cannot log onto the chat server anymore either using mirc or script (I am using a very old script, Destiny Zero). I also try with other newer script or mirc but same result. What so weird is that if I go to my friend place I CAN log onto irc.icq.com chat, but not at home. No I am NOT ban because I can still use their website to weblog on. And what make it weirder is that I can join other chat server such as irc.dal.net. I am using window 7. Every time I try to log on this is what happen.

[10:31] *** Connecting to irc.icq.com (6667)
(o_O)
[10:31] -irc-m05.icq.aol.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
(o_O)
[IRC VERSION]
(o_O)
[10:31] ~* VERSION: IRC *~
(o_O)
*** Added IRC!*@* to ignore list for 10 secs
(o_O)
Local host: unknown (64.12.165.56)
(o_O)
Welcome to the IrCQnet IRC Network LonelyPath!TinhPhai@64.12.165.56
Your host is irc-m05.icq.aol.com, running version Unreal3.2.1
This server was created Mon Jul 19 2004 at 10:11:30 EDT
irc-m05.icq.aol.com Unreal3.2.1 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeKVfMGCuzNT
MAP KNOCK SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=10 MAXBANS=400 NICKLEN=15 TOPICLEN=150 KICKLEN=150 MAXTARGETS=20 AWAYLEN=150 are supported by this server
WALLCHOPS WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beqa,kfL,l,psmntirRcOAQKVGCuzNSMT NETWORK=IrCQnet CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT are supported by this server
Destiny Server Info For: irc-m05.icq.aol.com
Destiny Users OnLine: 29
Destiny Invisible Users: 4081
Destiny Servers: 8
Destiny Operators Online: 14
Destiny UnKnown Connections: 4
Destiny Channels Formed: 1422
(o_O)
Current Local Users: 803 Max: 2504
Current Global Users: 4110 Max: 12524
(o_O)
Destiny
Destiny Message Of The Day: irc-m05.icq.aol.com
*** Removed IRC!*@* from ignore list
(o_O)

It just got stuck here. I’ve tried connecting through different port (6666,6667,6668,6669,7000). Nothing has work. I also get one of the IrcOP to check whether they can see my online status and they said no I am not connecting.

Anyway that’s my problem. Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you tried without any scripts loaded. You may not be allowed to fully connect since you're ignoring their version request.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
OP Offline
L
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by "Have you tried without any scripts loaded". The thing i don't understand is that it just happen overnight. And when i load this script at a mate place then i can connect using the same script.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The best way to find the cause of a problem is to rule out other things. Starting with a clean copy of mIRC without any scripts is a good way to verify that it's not script related. If you don't test that, then you could spend a long time testing everything else only to find out later that it's the script and it's a setting you have set that wasn't set at your friend's.

Invision Support
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Riamus2,

Thank you for your reply.

I did what you told me and install a fresh mirc and run it without any script. Unfortunately the result still the same. It just freeze half way.

Any other idea?

Thank you for your time.

Much Appreciated

L
OP Offline
L
Hi Again,

I am not sure if you know what i mean. When i said i can connect at my friend's place. What i really mean is that i brought my laptop over to my mate place and use the same script/mirc and can connect to icq server. Just for some really weird reason i can't connect at home... Hope that clear thing up a bit... Any input or idea is much appreciated...

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Sounds like a problem with your ISP being blocked by the server or the server blocking your ISP.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
L
OP Offline
L
Hi argv0.
Thank you for your reply.
I think you hit the nail on the head. When i try using hotspot shield to alter my IPs it allow me to connect but after a while the connection refused again.

argv0 and Carpal Tunnel. Thanks for all the help.

Much Appreciated. Take care.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you can connect by changing your IP and then it stops working again after awhile, then they are likely blocking you for some reason. Contact the network about the problem rather than trying to circumvent them or you could find yourself never able to connect.

Invision Support
L
OP Offline
L
Hi ArgV0 and Riamus2,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me out.

Still one thing i dont understand. If the Server block my isp or my isp block the server then why i can still use the icq webpage to log onto chat. If either my isp block the server or the server block my isp then i can't use the website to lock onto chat right.

Correct me i am wrong in making that statement.

Regards,

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are several reasons why the webchat may be working.
One is that it may behave like a proxy and that you're connecting with the webserver's IP address instead of your own.
Another one is that you're connecting on another port via the webchat.

L
OP Offline
L
Hi 5618,

Thanks for the info.

Cheers mate

Link Copied to Clipboard