mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#222557 23/06/10 05:18 PM
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
V
So I'm trying to set up some variables in the on load section of my script and want to prompt the users for the information. So I did the following:

var %xhBotName = $?"What would you like your bot to be called (e.g. TPUBOT, ChanBot)"
var %xhChanName = $?="What is the name of your guild Channel (e.g. %xhEnabled)"
var %xhGuildName = $?="What is the abbreviation for your guild (e.g. TPU, RLOF, etc)"

I'm having two problems, first off only the first prompt is coming up. Second even though the first prompt comes up it doesn't create the variable xhBotName or obviously enter the value entered into it. Any suggestions?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First off, see /help Variables

You're setting local variables instead of global variables.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You should use the global variable for each prompt:
Quote:
set %xhBotName $$?="What would you like your bot to be called (e.g. TPUBOT, ChanBot)"
set %xhChanName $$?="What is the name of your guild Channel (e.g. %xhEnabled)"
set %xhGuildName $$?="What is the abbreviation for your guild (e.g. TPU, RLOF, etc)"
And make the $? and double $$? so you don't get the var set without a value being entered when you close it.

Ok 5618 beat me to it.

Last edited by Tomao; 23/06/10 05:32 PM.
Tomao #222560 23/06/10 05:29 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Ok, thanks folks. Now I'm at the point where xhBotName gets set. But I still don't get the second or third prompt. Any ideas on that?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Oh my bad. You need to remove the equals sign next to the vars when you set them as global variables.

Tomao #222562 23/06/10 05:38 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Yeah, so this is what I have at this point.

set %xhBotName $$?="What would you like your bot to be called (e.g. TPUBOT, ChanBot)"
set %xhChanName $$?="What is the name of your guild Channel (e.g. %xhEnabled)"
set %xhGuildName $$?="What is the abbreviation for your guild (e.g. TPU, RLOF, etc)"

Which works for BotName, but then doesn't prompt for ChanName or GuildName. In fact as a test after the three prompt I did "set %xhBotName DONE" and after loading the script the variable contained the value I entered, not DONE. So it's like it stops executing after the first prompt.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your problem is that it sees %xhEnabled) as an actual variable and it fails on that.

Use $chr(37) $+ hEnabled)

But I think you don't want %xhEnabled there at all? Don't you want an example of a channel name? Or do you want the value of the variable there?

Last edited by 5618; 23/06/10 05:42 PM.
5618 #222564 23/06/10 05:43 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Ah thanks, actually that was just fallout from a previous find and replace. It's working now. Really appreciate the very quick help here guys smile

Link Copied to Clipboard