mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
Mirc sometimes freezes. I have 3 chat windows open and can't go between them. I shut the program down and reopen it and have same problem. I tried running it in compatibility mode for xp sp3 and the icon doesn't come up to connect..

HELP>>>>>

I love MIRC.. been using it for years.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What version of mIRC? Are you using any scripts or dlls?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
I've also experienced several crashes with 7.02, 7.03, and 7.04. I have MMYSQL loaded as well as FiSH 10 and quite a few scripts that did not cause any issues at all on 6.35. I'm not sure how much has changed in the back end as far as scripts are concerned, but if a more in depth reply is necessary I can go through them and get back to you on here.

I have yet to try the beta without mmysql loaded but to be fair, the script using it doesn't have access to the sql database so I don't think it would cause the crashes.

These crashes lock up the application on Windows 7 32-bit Enterprise, and cause the Windows Crash Recovery program (I think that's the name of it) to search the net for a solution. Sometimes they would happen seemingly random after being connected for several days. Other times it was during my connect sequence (a decent amount of znc connections).

If there is anything else I can do to help, I will try to keep monitoring this thread and I'm also on efnet as exoa or ex0a (I know you usually are as well argv[0]).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your issue is most likely related to a script that isn't fully compatible with mIRC 7 (or a DLL that isn't). You would need to unload all scripts and load them one at a time until you find what script is causing the problem. Without more details like that, there's really no way to find the cause - whether that's a bug in mIRC or in the script.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
E
E
That would be feasible if I could recreate the crash on demand. Unfortunately when I only see a crash every 5 days (give or take) it would take months or more to be able to narrow down the potential list of scripts given the amount (although usually relatively short) loaded atm. If there are certain things that are suspect of causing issues, it would be much easier to search them out in each script than trying to recreate errors which might have been fixed with a new beta version by the time I recreate it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is a known issue with INI file handling that can cause intermittent/random freezes in some situations. This has been fixed for the next version, which should be released soon. Hopefully that will resolve your issue, however if you continue to see freezes in the next version please let us know.

E
E
Sounds great as I do indeed use ini files in several of the scripts loaded. Looking forward to the new version!

E
E
I haven't had any crashes so far with 7.05 so I believe the bug was fixed in this version.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Good to hear, thanks for the update :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard