mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The issues you raised are extremely minor Win7 issues, one of which was a dup (which you knowingly posted anyway; I suppose because you only found 2 real issues).

They occur relatively rarely and have very simple workarounds (one of which is "don't put your mouse on the switchbar or move it 2 pixels over if it is"). They might be minor annoyances, but I can't see how you draw the conclusion that mIRC is less than fine on Windows7. Every version of mIRC is going to have minor bugs like these; mIRC is still completely usable, and in your case, moreso than 7.x

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
More importantly though,

By the time 7.x is stable and released, users will quickly begin upgrading. This includes your users that still don't use unicode (the users of which you still haven't tried to inform to use Unicode on 6.35, it seems). My assumption is most users not using Unicode in this day and age are mIRC users, since most other clients are Unicode only to begin with. Well, when 7.x is out, they'll be able to upgrade and start using Unicode-- a critical mass won't take long to reach before people stop using codepages by either upgrading or at least enabling Unicode on 6.35.

So why would Khaled re-implement codepage support on 7.x after people will upgrade and use codepages less? If Khaled's goal is to get people to stop using codepages, adding the support back later completely defeats the purpose of that goal.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:

Riamus2
Yeah, right
go tell me how wonderful it works on win7
I'm so clueless and full of lie here...

lighten up Lush .. just because a "few" individuals could reproduce those errors doesn't mean it's a widespread mirc v6,35 error. Those could be attributed to nearly anything (including aero) and as far as I can see, were all using the rc7100 and Intel processors. Ya think it might be one of those things contributing (no, of course not, you're too busy trying to make your point about codepage support to even consider that)?
I, like Riamus2 have had NO issues with 6.35 and windows 7 (Pro 64bit, now, rc7100 32bit before).

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You are listing a single bug in 6.35 that only affects someone using the switchbar (not someone using the treebar) and *only* if the mouse is left sitting over it. If you move the mouse off the switchbar, there is no longer a problem. That's not a very significant problem that would prevent 6.35 from being used on Windows 7. I actually use the switchbar in 6.35 on one client and never have a problem because I don't let the mouse sit over the switchbar. So, yes, there are bugs (there will be in 7.x as well as all other versions), but they do not make 6.35 unusable in Windows 7.

I also doubt you'll see a separate build.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the comments and feedback on this issue everyone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard