Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
So when I read that mIRC 7 was not going to natively support FiSH encryption, and seeing that the author of the old add-on did not seem to take interest in supporting mIRC 7 so far, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
I'd like to thank for argv0 for taking the time to reply to my post in such detail by the way.

What I came up with is a way that dynamically patches mirc.exe in memory, instead of requiring a static patch for each new mIRC version like the old add-on did.

You can read more about it here: http://github.com/flakes/mirc_fish_10 (and view the source code if you wish), or go straight to the downloads here: http://github.com/flakes/mirc_fish_10/downloads

You can of course continue to use your old blow.ini configuration files.

~c&f.

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
Nice Work! I am using it right now.
However the chan topic still encrypted. Bug?

BTW, I am using psybnc and the network prefix is on. So the chan name would look like this #net'#chan

Last edited by maxm; 18/05/10 07:49 PM.
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Thanks, there's a problem with channel names that contain more than one # character. Going to fix it asap, will post any progress here: http://github.com/flakes/mirc_fish_10/issues/issue/6

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
The new version fixed it.
Thank you!

Last edited by maxm; 19/05/10 01:33 AM.
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
updated to mirc7.03, and your fish addon still works!

laugh laugh

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
THX, very great job :-)

bye
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Hate to be a stick in the mud here, but Mircryption proves that it's completely unnecessary to patch mIRC (either on the FS or in memory) to achieve Blowfish encryption.

Why exactly is this a necessary step for your dll? Perhaps your script would be more robust and maintainable if you just did it without hacking mIRC's internals.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Mircryption does not work very well with NoNameScript and other scripts unless you manually edit scripts.

Also, Mircryption seems no longer maintained, and I hate MSL, so here we are. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think his point is that a script can do the work necessary, whether you use one already written or someone makes a new one... one that wouldn't have issues with certain scripts.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #222242 12/06/10 10:05 PM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Hello I like you made a patchless fish script/dll for mirc. It works great but there is one thing I'd like to see.

Would it be possible to make it work in a subfolder? I personally like keeping the main mirc directory clean and empty. I edited the script to use the script directory but I'm guessing the DLLs might not work correctly if they aren't in the same directory as mirc.exe. If someone could change that I'd love it.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
pball #222422 19/06/10 03:33 PM
B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B

** New build is up:
ChangeLog: http://github.com/flakes/mirc_fish_10/raw/master/NEWS
Download: http://github.com/flakes/mirc_fish_10/downloads

Originally Posted By: pball
Would it be possible to make it work in a subfolder?

I just tested this, and it indeed does not work (after adjusting the paths in fish_10.mrc, obviously)... mIRC does not find the DLL, I have no idea why, but it's not FiSH's fault, I think.

bwuser #222572 24/06/10 09:19 PM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Well thanks for trying and confirming my result.

I'd just like to throw out that I have gtsdll and darkengine both in subdirs and they work fine with their dlls. So I know it
can be done, hopefully someone can find what the solution is.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
First of all, thanks a lot for the new Fish, it was needed. Using it now with the latest mIRC beta and so far no major issues.

A few things though...When i use crypt-mark outgoing, is that supposed to mark my outgoing messages? Coz it does not. Second, when using crypt-mark incoming in position 1 (after message) i get the dot (.) as wanted, but before the dot i also get a strange sign that looks like a capital A with a small roof on top of it smile

Checked the blow.ini and there is no such sign in there. Cant get rid of it...Pretty annoying.

Win 7 x64, mIRC 7.07, latest Fish 10

EDIT: Sorry, forgor to mention that i cant read encrypted topics neither.

Last edited by Pulling; 19/07/10 07:07 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
 usually indicates a UTF8 encoding problem, though not always. I haven't used FiSH, but try a different font that supports unicode and see if that solves the issue. Beyond that, maybe the author or someone else has some suggestions.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
P
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
 usually indicates a UTF8 encoding problem, though not always. I haven't used FiSH, but try a different font that supports unicode and see if that solves the issue. Beyond that, maybe the author or someone else has some suggestions.

Yes, i was thinking in terms of UTF8 problem also, i´ll try your advice. Thank you for taking your time to answer.

EDIT: Changed to Arial Unicode, did not help.

Last edited by Pulling; 20/07/10 03:56 AM.
P
P
Further information. The strange sign Â(capital A with circumflex)) is not present when channel is unencrypted, so i guess that makes it a Fish problem, maybe? Changing font to a Unicode compliant one does not help, as stated in earlier post.

Regarding the encrypted topic problem, it seems like i can read encrypted topics set by myself, but not if it is set by others. They are using (as far as i know) mIRC 6.35 with old Fish.

B
bwuser Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
re: crypt mark, let me quote from the README file:

Quote:

If you continue to use your old blow.ini file, and have been using a non-ANSI-compatible crypt
mark (such as the default middot "·"), using any right click menu from within mIRC will convert
your blow.ini file from ANSI to UTF-8 which will effectively destroy FiSH 10's ability to
properly read it. If enough people complain, I'll add a work-around.

You can also prefix all [#channel] and [nick] entries in your blow.ini file with the network name as shown in mIRC's tree bar, e.g. [EFNet:#channel] [EFNet:nick] and add no_legacy=1 to the [FiSH] section to get it working.

Also in the next version, you'll be able to use $chr(8226) in mark_encrypted in blow.ini. It's already coded, just need to upload the DLL.

re: topics: Do the channel names look any different than #channel? (e.g. &channel)? Topic decryption is not yet support in those channels. Thanks!
Also, do the not-undecrypted topics start with "+OK ..." or "+OK *..."?

Last edited by bwuser; 25/07/10 06:46 AM.
P
P
Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciated. And also a huge thank you for picking up the Fish project, the method of no need for patching the mIRC exe is a great improvement.

I am using a spanking new blow.ini and not an old one. In fact it is the blow.ini supplied in your packagage. I have been using right click context menu though, but i will replace the blow.ini with your one and not right click again to see if it works. I personally think this needs to be fixed in future versions.

Encrypted topic, yes, it is in a channel prefixed by a LI', like #LI'#channelname. This is because i am using psybnc and connects to more than one network at a time. They have to be distinguished from each other, hence the LI' (for Linknet btw)

The channel topic starts with the first example "+OK ..."

Greetings from a very grateful Fish 10 user!

P
P
Can confirm what you already know, right click in mIRC 7.08 and use Fish menu there "destroys" the blow.ini. I think that needs to be fixed, if possible...

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
Hello, is there a way to speed the decryption up?

It can only do a few lines per second, unless I'm missing a configuration option someplace.

Thanks.
FMB

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard