mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Hi,

sometimes when I connect to psybnc, I got the window "Messages" with some privmsg from psybnc. I tried to reproduce it and found a way.

Assume that we have no scripts except one:

on ^*:open:?: {
if ($halted) halt

if ($nick == -psyBNC) {
echo -s foo $1-
halt
}
}

Now type 5 times the command "/eraseprivatelog". psybnc answers with "Log geloescht" (german, means "log erased"). It works 4 times, but the 5th time mirc opens the windows "Messages" that is normally used when the option "Use single message window" was activated.

Any idea? I think this is a bug. I used the same script in 6.35 without any problems.

cu

TC / Mario
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Technically this is a feature of mIRC's Flood control, as Collective pointed out. mIRC is treating these 4 messages as a "flood" and limiting the opening of new windows by diverting them to the single message window. You can toggle this feature on/off with: Alt+O -> Flood -> Limit: [x] Query windows

That said, there seems to be a bug in the implementation of the feature, since it is "limiting" query windows that are not actually being opened. Without that halting script you would expect the single message window to activate-- however in this specific case, the windows are never actually opened, so mIRC should not be trying to "limit" anything. It should probably be checking if the window actually opened after processing scripts. I wonder what Khaled thinks about this issue?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, yes, this is due to the query flood protection. I have moved the flood check so that it takes place after the on OPEN event, so this should be fixed in the next version.

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Originally Posted By: argv0
You can toggle this feature on/off with: Alt+O -> Flood -> Limit: [x] Query windows

Thanks, I see that Khaled also found this issue. But flood-Control is turned off in my case, so I thought that this could not be the reason. But it is wink

So, is this another bug that the limit check are used allthough the flood-control was disabled?

cu

TC / Mario
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, this should be fixed in the next version as well.

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
tnx, it is both fixed in 7.02

cu

TC / Mario

Link Copied to Clipboard