mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#22025 03/05/03 01:58 AM
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
at the moment, the only control we've got over the nicklist color, via /cline and /cnick (and /cnick is quirkier than the average psych ward).

what i want is commands that will enable us to sort the nicklist, specifically so that the people i like talking to are at the top of the list.

any and all ability to control how, and what, the nicklist displays would be an improvement. for exmaple, i might want to add a red * next to the nicks of people who are running an fserve. or an A for those who are marked Away. or an I for those who have been Idle.

the ability to group nicks would also be very handy. there are alot of channels based on organizations, like the fansubbing of anime for example. with proper control over the nicklist, one could have al lthe editors in one group, all the translators in another, etc.

as it stands, from what i have seen, there is almsot no ability to control/modify the appearance or contents of the nicklist.

#22026 04/05/03 03:20 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
at the moment, the only control we've got over the nicklist color, via /cline and /cnick (and /cnick is quirkier than the average psych ward).

BZZZZ

Address Book - Nick Tab

You can colour nicknames according to mode prefix, idle time, if they are on ignore, if they are on notify or if they are on the protect list. You can even set the priority of colourisation.

About the actual nick order you want, well I guess that is another matter but in the mean time you can colour the nicks of the users you talk to alot using one of the functions in the nickname colour dialogue. Just put them all on notify and then choose a colour for notified nicks.

Link Copied to Clipboard