mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#219980 03/04/10 04:38 PM
_
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
_
ive noticed that lines seem to wrap way too early, almost 50% of the available line space.

this is on incoming text, the only difference i can tell is that im connected directly to the freenode server, other servers, that im connected to via bnc seem to wrap fine.

win7 x64

sorry i cant give anymore info atm

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2059/wrapj.png

Last edited by _cornflake_; 03/04/10 05:09 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have been unable to reproduce this issue here so far. I followed these steps:

1. copy the mirc.exe v.70 into an empty folder.
2. create an empty mirc.ini in that folder
3. do not place any other files in the folder.
4. run mirc.exe and fill in your connect details
5. do not make any other changes to the settings.
6. connect to the server

If you follow the above steps, are you still able to reproduce the issue?

_
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
_
a clean directory with simply mirc.exe and a clean mirc.ini this "bug" doesnt seem to exist.

i have noticed that the wraping occurs once the line reaches over 100 characters, the word that takes the line over 100 chars is then wraped to the next line along with all consecutive words ofcourse, which makes the original first line 101 characters including the space before the 100th character word.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I will need to find a way to reproduce this bug, would you be able to narrow it down to a particular setting? For example, could it be related to your font setting? Are you able to reproduce it using an /echo command? Could it be related to a script that you are using?

_
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
_
ive installed a clean mirc.exe and a blank mirc.ini, loaded my scripts and copied like for like settings from 6.35 to 7.0 beta.

set up my fonts etc as like for like.

the wraping bug does not occur. ill compile a list of any ini changes from 6.35 and 7.0 in a bit

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've seen this happen "randomly" in the past with other versions of mIRC and I have never heard anyone with an answer as to why it happens. Usually, some change or reinstall ends up fixing the problem for the user, but as far as I know, no one has really figured out why the wrapping happens too early.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard