mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
Hi, everytime I try to join a channel, I get this message: * Connecting to norge.css.info.here (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server

what is the problem ? mIRC has always worked, but sudenly this came up..pls help fast ( im on Quakenet )

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That means either the server (norge.css.info.here) isn't a valid address, or that you are blocking mIRC with firewall or router settings, or you are on a network (such as college or work) that is blocking it with those same settings.

Try connecting to irc.efnet.net and see if it will connect. If it gives the same error (unable to resolve server), then it's a router/firewall issue. Otherwise, it's the server name that is incorrect.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
O
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
how can I fix that the firewall or the router? , if that is why I cant connect

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You would first have to say what kind of firewall or router you use. Most firewalls will have an option to allow (or block) internet access for specific applications. You'd need to make sure mIRC is listed as allowed. Some also require you to have IRC listed as allowed. Routers that cause that problem are usually going to be ones with their own firewalls, so it's the same idea there. If you say what you use, someone here who uses the same can probably help you. You can also check portforward.com as they have some good tutorials for setting up internet applications.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
O
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
I dont think its the router or firewall, because..I clicked on a button, dont remmber what..after that I couldn`t connect..u see ?

Z
Zed Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Originally Posted By: olemarcus
Hi, everytime I try to join a channel, I get this message: * Connecting to norge.css.info.here (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server

what is the problem ? mIRC has always worked, but sudenly this came up..pls help fast ( im on Quakenet )

I think your server name is incorrect.
"norge.css.info.here" doesn't resolve (and mirc can't connect)
"norge.css.info" is correct

O
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
the correct channel is: norge.css ... but, I get the same message every time

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
#norge.css sounds like a channel on the QuakeNet IRC network.

You first have to connect to QuakeNet via /server irc.quakenet.org
and then join the channel via /join #norge.css

Even if it's not on QuakeNet, you will first have to connect to a server on the network, and then join the channel after connecting, as described above.

Edit:
Ah, you even mentioned QuakeNet in your initial post.
QuakeNet is the name of the IRC network, its main pool is irc.quakenet.org which will point you to one of their servers to connect to.
#norge.css, including the # sign, is the name of the channel that you have to join.

Last edited by asdfasdf; 12/03/10 09:08 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard