I am at wits end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Floyd
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Two choices:
1) Use /load -rs $qt(\Program Files (x86)\mIRC\Autoget\Autoget.mrc)
2) Move the Autoget folder to C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
u can do this

//load -rs $sfile(*)

then u'll find the addon and load it

WorldDMT
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
So that you understand the problem, your active folder is the one where mIRC.ini is located. In recent versions, unless you manually put it in your mIRC installation folder, it will appear in your application data folder (it gives you the path to it in the error message). What that means for you is that you have to specify the path directly to the script folder whenever you try to manually load the script. You can also just open the Remotes tab (Alt-R) and choose File > Load and select it. If you prefer to keep your scripts in a subdirectory of the mIRC installation folder, then your best option is to place mIRC.ini into your installation folder. That will make your active dir be the installation folder instead of the application data folder. Note that the reason mIRC uses the application data folder is because it multiple user accounts (in windows) use mIRC with their own settings and scripts. Of course, if no one else uses your computer, all of that separation is useless for you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
Floyd Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
OK... I have the mirc.ini in the active folder.... but it is still looking in the other folder for the Autoget program.

How can I get everything off of the Roaming folder and keep it in the C:\Program Files (x86)

Floyd
F
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
F
/load -rs $qt(\Program Files (x86)\mIRC\Autoget\Autoget.mrc)

Gives me the same error.

* /load: no such file 'C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\$qt(\Program'

Floyd
F
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I tried Ctrl-R and while it loads the file... it doesn't work correctly because the program keeps looking for information in C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\ which isn't there.

I don't want to move the Autoget program over to that locaiton as it isn't readilly accessible.

I would prefer if it would run under the normal c:\ location where it resides.

Floyd
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is mIRC.ini in the folder with mIRC.exe or with the script? It should be in the same folder as mIRC.exe. Doing that should eliminate use of the Roaming folder and result in $mircdir being the same location as mIRC.exe. You can then load the script using /load -rs Autoget\Autoget.mrc (no need for $qt() because it doesn't have spaces in the relative path).

**Remember that you should have mIRC closed when moving the mIRC.ini file, or at least close and reopen mIRC afterwards as it won't change the location until it's been restarted.

Alternatively, you can specify C:\ in the full path (the only thing you missed in your /load example) and it should load fine.

As far as the script itself looking in the wrong location, that may be due to using a relative path or $mircdir rather than using $scriptdir if the script it trying to look in the script folder for something.

Here's a small example of what you should see in your folder structure. You'll have more files, but make sure these are at least set up this way...

[c:\program files (x86)\mirc\]
mIRC.exe
mIRC.ini
[c:\program files (x86)\mirc\Autoget]
Autoget.mrc

Also, just as a note on your choice of path... there are some scripts out there that are not designed to work in a path that uses spaces, or makes use of $shortdir to handle spaces. This can cause those scripts to fail in one way or another on your system because you have mIRC installed to the program files folder. If you're only using your own scripts or ones designed to handle spaces or ones that don't use paths/filenames, it won't matter, but if you plan to try/use any other scripts (mainly scripts that have been around a long time), it can be better to have mIRC installed to a location without spaces, such as c:\mIRC\.

Invision Support
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Originally Posted By: Floyd
/load -rs $qt(\Program Files (x86)\mIRC\Autoget\Autoget.mrc)

Gives me the same error.

* /load: no such file 'C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\$qt(\Program'

Try //load (two /s)

F
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Is mIRC.ini in the folder with mIRC.exe or with the script? It should be in the same folder as mIRC.exe. Doing that should eliminate use of the Roaming folder and result in $mircdir being the same location as mIRC.exe. You can then load the script using /load -rs Autoget\Autoget.mrc (no need for $qt() because it doesn't have spaces in the relative path).

**Remember that you should have mIRC closed when moving the mIRC.ini file, or at least close and reopen mIRC afterwards as it won't change the location until it's been restarted.

Alternatively, you can specify C:\ in the full path (the only thing you missed in your /load example) and it should load fine.

As far as the script itself looking in the wrong location, that may be due to using a relative path or $mircdir rather than using $scriptdir if the script it trying to look in the script folder for something.

Here's a small example of what you should see in your folder structure. You'll have more files, but make sure these are at least set up this way...

[c:\program files (x86)\mirc\]
mIRC.exe
mIRC.ini
[c:\program files (x86)\mirc\Autoget]
Autoget.mrc

Everything is set up as stated above!

The actual path is c:\Program Files (x86)\mIRC

I have everything under mIRC inclugind Autoget folder with Autoget.mrc inside.

Floyd
F
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
F
When I type //load -rs $sfile(*)

It atcually takes me to Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC

Floyd
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
//load -rs $sfile(*) and go find your file u dont now how to find it or what!!

WorldDMT
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I am sure he does know how to find it, the issue (i think) is that he wants to know why its comming up with the wrong path..
lets wait and see if someone has an answer (thanks)

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Originally Posted By: Floyd
When I type //load -rs $sfile(*)

It atcually takes me to Joe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC

If mirc.ini is indeed in the same folder as the mirc.exe you are running at that moment then you wouldn't get this issue.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I almost wonder if the OP has mIRC installed multiple times and is running it from a desktop shortcut that points to a different copy of mIRC that doesn't have mIRC.ini in the folder. Like you said, DJ_Sol, if mIRC.ini were in the same folder as the mIRC.exe that is being run and you're not using a shortcut that specifies a location for the mIRC.ini file that you want to use, it will have the active folder as the same as mIRC.exe.

Invision Support
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
very good suggestion on the desktop shortcut wink might want to have them right click on what they are doing, and look at properties (ie where its running from)

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard