Print Thread
#218797 24/02/10 09:04 PM
V
vinyltm Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
Got in trouble using a spybot script on a site using IRC chats so made it private and looking for some ideas on limiting it..

Quote:
on *:TEXT:*username*:#: { scon -at1 msg username [SPYBOT][ $chan $time ] $nick : $1- }

that is the current script now... it does what its supposed to fine but since the bot is logged in on 8 servers for some reason i am getting he PM 8 times... i am only logged in on one server and still 8 messages... wondering if instead of routing all servers i could send it to my usename at a specific server.

vinyltm #218799 24/02/10 10:22 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You're getting 8 messages because the script tells mIRC to send one message for each active connection that the bot is on, and the bot has 8 active connections.

While you might not have 8 connections, it's the number of connections that the client running the script that matters.

In order to send the message to one specific connection, you would need to know either the connection ID for that connection, or the relevant connection number. Note: The connection ID is not likely to be the same as the connection number.

To get the connection number, you're going to have to figure out which connections were made before the one that you're wanting to use. To my knowledge, mIRC doesn't have an identifier for this information.

To get the connection ID, you can change to that connection, then type //echo -a $cid

RusselB #218801 24/02/10 11:57 PM
V
vinyltm Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
actually i was overlooking it... i didnt need to include the scon -alt. since it was sending it 8 times, one time for every connection i simply removed it and put just msg vinyltm and now only one message :-) lol you get into complex ideas and overlook how simple they could me made

Link Copied to Clipboard