Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#217856 23/01/10 12:49 PM
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
hey guys any of you know why the latest mirc keep freezing ?

somewhat every hour with a load of 50% dual core, but strange thing is i stay online i just get the msg in windows (not responding)

im using windows 7 64bit ultimate

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There could be a number of reasons for this: one of the issues that has been reported by some users is that mIRC can use 50% cpu cycles when you place your mouse over a channel switchbar button. If that happens, you can move your mouse off the switchbar button to resolve it.

Other potential causes: you may be using a script that is running for too long, in which case you would need to unload your scripts one at a time to see which script is the cause of the problem. Also quite common is if you are using anti-virus software and are downloading large files; the anti-virus software will scan the file at the end of the download, freezing the application that downloaded it.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
well thing is, i reinstalled it and yet it still happends even without scripts, but once i use the fully loaded scripted mirc in virtual pc windows xp it runs normaly

my computer spec
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2334/37407538.png

its wierd though if it freeze that it use 50% load of my dual core also i stay online if it freeze

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7/36034800.png

this is upp 2.20 , i tryed it since mirc kept freezing, but no luck on it upp does the same

its totaly wierd though why it acts like a b*tch in windows 7

even if im idle or place it in taskbar it still freeze and i cant find out the reason why

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 25/01/10 12:20 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The fact that it happens with programs other than mIRC eliminates mIRC as being the cause of the freeze, thus the freezing is not due to a mIRC bug.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Where did he say that other programs freeze?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
So you're using a script. Get rid of your buggy script and mIRC will likely stop freezing.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
as i said even a clean install of mirc with out scripts dont help and the only script i use is gtsdll if i use one

and i beleve i also said in virtual pc windows xp i have no troubles even with scrips on, some ppl said it can be my nic driver , but i reinsalled those to but it dont help

i just was hopeing here they could help find out this bug , its eighter the 64bit os or mirc that couse it , cuz the virtual pc is 32bit xp

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 25/01/10 11:01 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since it is still happening with a clean install of mIRC, we would need to know a little more to track down the issue.

It could be due to an incompatibility of mIRC 32bit with Windows 64bit, however there are other potential causes.

Did you use a clean mirc.ini or your existing mirc.ini when you tested the clean install of mIRC? The issue could be related to a specific setting in mIRC.

Are you using anti-virus software? Are you downloading files? This can often lead to temporary freezes due to virus scans.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I find it odd that you state you run no scripts in the same sentence that you claim to "possibly" use one. Also, your claim contradicts your very previous post where you said you were using upp. Clearly gtsdll is not the only script you use. Now you can see why I find it hard to believe your situation. Are you positive you're running a clean install of mIRC from http://www.mirc.com ?

In your clean mIRC, type the following in any window:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Paste the resulting line here. Then make sure that you actually keep it on and reproduce the issue again with the clean install.

On a sidenote, it would help if you more accurately described "freezing". What are you doing when it "freezes". How long does it "freeze" for? Indefinitely? Or for a few seconds?

And if it matters, I'm able to run mIRC without any freezing issues on Windows7 64bit.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
yes a clean install , and folders deleted windows firewall and microsoft securety essentials is what i use, sitecome xr gaming router , ssl with openssl port +9999, what more do you need to know ?

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 25/01/10 02:05 PM.
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
1 i have mirc uninstalled after that i installed upp 2.20
2 i use upp 2.20 extrackt pack of kyd (not an installer) just
extrackt and run, i talked with kyd about it he find it odd to
3 only gtsdll is activated now
4 if it freeze it freeze until i shut it down
5 it happend when im chatting or idleing or when i sleep
6 6.35 XP 193d37fa9918657116cf141572085703 47 3

i hope this is enough info

its odd yes as it freeze i stay online like i said but i just get in windows (not responding)

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 25/01/10 01:59 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
UPP is a script, not just mIRC. And it may be why you are having the problems. Download *just* mIRC from http://www.mirc.com/ instead of using UPP and try that. If it still freezes, let us know.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
So, given the results of the command you executed:

a) Your copy was not downloaded from mirc.com (or you modified it from the original, which you were not told to do). You're using a hacked/cracked/patched copy of mIRC, which violates the EULA, not to mention is a probable cause for any issues you might have.

b) Your copy of mIRC is not a clean install. You have 47 scripts loaded and 3 dll files. That is certainly problematic, especially since you claim you have a fresh install. Either you can't follow directions (to absolutely test this on a clean install) or you're unaware what you're using.

47 script files is a lot, especially when you're using a buggy script. We won't debug those files for you. If you don't use an actual clean vanilla install of mIRC from http://www.mirc.com to reproduce this issue there's not much we can do for you, since there's no way to isolate mIRC as the cause.

I therefore maintain my original statement: "you're using a script. Get rid of your buggy script and mIRC will likely stop freezing."

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
dont know if i had a cracked/hacked one, someone gave me this mirc , but anyways i bought the app yesterday and it still happends with upp or mirc

upp clean
6.35 Vista 193d37fa9918657116cf141572085703 51 3 0

mirc clean
6.35 Vista 2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c 1 0 0

if we cant slove this problem , im gonna refund this and you may disable this key, there is no point in running an app that keeps freezing

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 27/01/10 10:09 AM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
so running just that clean mIRC (2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c) it still freezes up for you? are you not running the UPP install at the same time? what other activities are you performing while using the program? how many networks and channels are you on? any DCC's active?

I'm also running mIRC under win7 64bit ultimate and experience no problems what so ever (having NOD32 as a virus scanner, with real-time file system protection turned on). However, I'm not connected to any SSL enabled networks at this time.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
@ShiroiTaiga:

One thing to keep in mind. There are times when a program can freeze because another program is not responding. I've had that happen, where a program such as Firefox stops working and another program (or programs) freezes. Looking in task manager, Firefox shows normal (0-2% CPU usage) while the other program shows 50+% usage. Killing the program task for the program with 50+% usage just moved that usage to another unrelated program. However, killing Firefox caused everything to start working again. That may not be what you're experiencing and my example has happened with programs besides just Firefox, but it's something to consider. Try closing all other programs and see if you still have the problem. ***And only test with plain mIRC and NOT with UPP loaded/running***

Beyond that, give any details you can about what else is happening with other software at that time (such as virus scans, automatic email download in a program like Outlook, etc), what softare is running, number of networks and channels are open (and total # of people in those channels), your system specs (cpu, memory, graphics card, etc), how often it happens - try to get specific times on it... is it every X minutes exactly, or does it vary, for example. Basically, just give as much information as you possibly can so people can try and figure out what the cause is.

Invision Support
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
clean mirc as i said and no i dont run both at same time

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
its not like that ,mirc is the onlyone that freeze, like i said befor it even freeze when im asleep, once im asleep only mirc is on and speedfan becuz if mirc use 50%load all nicht it can cause overheat so i have speedfan watching that , and i never had problems with firefox, as for othersoftware they work normaly , i use windows virus scanner , to tell you the truth, i barly have any active apps , i dont even use outlook or something like that

and what im running in mirc eh,
only rizon network i use

#ayako 454 users
#chihiro 336 users
#gg 782 users
#hf-network 64 users
#jishaku 43 users
#losslessone 378 users
#news 1626 users
#nibl 666 users
#nipponsei 785 users
#thoranime 426 users
#tokyotosho 644 users

those are my current active channels
i just hope i can get it fixed, sofar only mirc freeze but on one of my cores and thats wierd + i stay logged on on rizon so mirc is active just not responding

these are my programs that startup on boot dont know if tihs is any use to show though

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/962/50735655.png

Last edited by ShiroiTaiga; 27/01/10 04:27 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
With large numbers of users and many channels, I might suggest checking your buffer size and make sure it's not too large. That's in mIRC's option at the bottom (Display, I believe). If the buffer is really large and you have many channels that are active, it can really slow things down. For most people, 1000 is plenty, but some like more and some like less than that. You might also check what your logging settings are. If you're logging a lot of lines at once, it's possible to get some lag.

Though, I think I read that it actually locks up permantly until you exit it? If that's the case, I'm not really sure. These would mainly be things that might potentially cause a temporary freeze (just like antivirus could).

Invision Support
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If the initial claim was that there's a Win7 compatibility issue you could try running in compatibility mode for XP or Vista (right click mirc.exe, go to Properties -> Compatibility). If it still freezes there, it could be something with your hardware/drivers/AV that doesn't like mIRC + Win7, but it wouldn't *just* be mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard