mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
How can I make mIRC launch when I turn on my computer?

Hey there Kevin smile

Unfortunately, there is no option in mIRC which provides you to run mIRC.exe at startup...

However by saying this you can manually add it to your StartUp Folder on Windows so when you turn on your computer it will run the .exe file smile

Okay, So your on your desktop... and if you click "Start --> All Programs" you should see a folder called "Startup"

Now Navigate through your Documents until you are in the folder when your mirc.exe is... All you need to do is drag the mIRC.exe into the Startup Folder, so it creates a shortcut of your mirc.exe in that Startup Folder.

Then when you restart your computer smile Your mIRC should be running...

Hope this helps smile

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Last edited by Dan01; 15/01/10 12:57 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Put a shortcut to it into your Startup folder.

Example (pre-Vista):
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Vista or Windows 7 will be the same idea, but under \Users\ instead of \Documents and Settings\ . I don't have either in front of me at work, so can't tell you for certain if the folder structure is the same, but just look for a folder called Startup. Might be in your Documents folder as well.

EDIT: Or use Dan's method for an easier drag/drop way of doing it. smile Growing up in DOS and then Win3x, I tend to set things up in folders instead of drag/drop, but either works fine. smile

Last edited by Riamus2; 15/01/10 01:00 PM.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: Dan01
Hey there Kevin smile

Unfortunately, there is no option in mIRC which provides you to run mIRC.exe at startup...

However by saying this you can manually add it to your StartUp Folder on Windows so when you turn on your computer it will run the .exe file smile

Okay, So your on your desktop... and if you click "Start --> All Programs" you should see a folder called "Startup"

Now Navigate through your Documents until you are in the folder when your mirc.exe is... All you need to do is drag the mIRC.exe into the Startup Folder, so it creates a shortcut of your mirc.exe in that Startup Folder.

Then when you restart your computer smile Your mIRC should be running...

Hope this helps smile

Kind Regards,
Daniel

If you do that will you have to click "Continue" every time the "your evaluation period has..." message shows up?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: kevin1gamer

will you have to click "Continue" every time the "your evaluation period has..." message shows up?

Not if you register it. smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard