mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
W
O.K. so i keep getting the unable to resolve server message when trying to connect to efnet, or anything else for that matter.......i have been in contact with my ISP and they assure me that no problems are existing on their end and i should have no problem connecting....i have uninstalled and re-installed mIRC 6.03 twice now to no avail. i am using a DSL connection (never seemed to have this problem with dial-up) i have tried ALL of the irc servers offered in the options menu (as well as dalnet and ircnet) none of them work......can you feel my frustration? any suggestions greatly appriciated.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
What is the specific EFNet server you are trying? If you type /dns that.server.name what does it say? If you try and connect to 208.178.231.190 does it work?

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
I tried that ip address and a whole bunch of different efnet servers...and I still get that unable to resolve server problem...
I would appreciate any help you could give on the matter...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
are you on a LAN by any chance? If so, ensure your router is configured correctly.

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
sorry...I'm a little basic when it comes to computers...how do I check if my router is configured correctly?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Thats not an easy question to answer, we dont know what router you have, if you have a firewall, etc. Basically you need to be sure you arent blocking the server ports (6660-6669, 7000-7001 and 113) or mIRC.

Usually when you get unable to resolve server it usually means that server is down/doesnt exist or you are having a dns prob. Have you tried the following:
/server irc.Prison.NET
/server 208.178.231.190

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard