mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
1) Eventually.. mIRC usually has about one release per year, sometimes more. The last one was in November, so statistically speaking, there should be a release within the next few months.

2) Not within the next year at least. mIRC hasn't even started making changes to the underlying scripting engine which is *completely* unicode unaware, and the script support features far outnumber the UI features. It will be a gradual change, but for the most part Unicode should be at least *usable* by now.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Fixes are released whenever mIRC's next version is release. smile

And having mIRC become a fully unicode application is not a simple matter. Don't expect it to be fully unicode anytime soon. More likely, it will be at LEAST 1-2 years before it is fully unicode. That doesn't mean improvements won't come in the meantime.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
V
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
V
This bug still there in mIRC 6.32.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: Khaled
I've spent the last day or so looking into this and so far I haven't been able to find a solution.

It seems that there is no easy solution to this bug, as Khaled himself wrote in this thread about 9 months ago. This probably won't be fixed until mIRC goes completely natively unicode, since that's the heart of this issue and is likely the only real solution. Assuming Khaled exhausted all options, it seems as though Vista does not expose enough API to do anything about this specific issue. Frankly, I would say that this is really a Vista bug, not an mIRC bug since there is no real reason why it would revert to a non-aero theme in this situation (edit: It may not be logical, but Microsoft may have intentionally changed the way to custom draw the titlebar in Vista).

edit:
Perhaps some references on the issue might help K find a solution, since others have indeed had this problem and (I assume) solved it:
http://www.ureader.com/msg/14721474.aspx

Last edited by argv0; 28/05/08 10:04 PM.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
P
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
P
how hard can it be to use iconv to convert all window titles to utf-16 on win >= 5.1

I
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
I
hello ^^

isn't it possible to desactivate the unicode in the titlebar, or simply desactivate the display of the channel's topic in the titlebar, in order to have the Aero glass again ?

thank you smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard