Print Thread
#216203 01/11/09 03:55 PM
P
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
P
Hi,

I would like to know how can I do a mIRC script who do than at the third message, you're automatically devoiced (everybody is voice at start)

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I don't understand what you mean by
Quote:
how can I do a mIRC script who do than at the third message, you're automatically devoiced (everybody is voice at start)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Do you mean that you want a person to be de-voiced after they have made three messages?
If so try
Code:
on @*:text:*:#:{
  inc $+(%,$nick)
  if $($+(%,$nick),2) == 3 {
    .mode $chan -v $nick
  }
}

If not, please clarify what you mean, as your English is difficult to understand.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
have to unset the %var when he devoice the user so

Code:
on @*:text:*:#:{
  if $(,$+(%,$nick)) >= 2 {
    unset % $+ $nick
    mode # -v $nick
  }
  else inc % $+ $nick
}

WorldDMT
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Not necessarily have to unset it. You can use
Code:
inc -e $+(%,$nick)
To have it unset when mirc exists. Not unless, of course, the op hardly ever closes his or her mirc...the variables will eat up the space...

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
-e is nice for constantly used variables that may not get unset. I think it's a good rule to remove any data you created that you do not need.

With this script I would want to unset the variable. I don't see any reason to have the variable there unless you wanted to give them a voice automatically later on.

Also, I think it is a good idea to name your variables. At the very least, it makes it easy to find them with a script.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
Also, I think it is a good idea to name your variables. At the very least, it makes it easy to find them with a script.

That is always wise, especially in this case. If you use an add-on script (or even just your own scripts) of which people know variable names then they can mess with them with the above-mentioned script by changing their nick to said variable name.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Code:
on @*:text:*:#:var %h $cid $+ # | hinc -m %h $nick | if $hget(%h,$nick) = 3 { hdel %h $nick | mode # -v $nick }

Link Copied to Clipboard