#215062 30/08/09 10:39 PM
S
Swaccy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Hi,

Ok, here's an issue that might be a bug.

There is a unicode -> ┌∩â”گ(â—£_â—¢)┌∩â”گ which I could see it fine on mIRC without any problems until I rebooted my desktop (winXP sp2) (due to the long up time)
and yes, I closed mIRC properly "right-click on mIRC at the button then close" and then I couldnt see the unicode after reconnecting again which is weird. I didn't change any setting. I didnt run any scripts. All I did is just closing mIRC and rebooting which shouldnt be the problem.

PS: The unicode is basically a channel which I usually join. But it doesnt matter at all. I can't see it in either way.

PS: I did a virus scan using Avast! when recommended by the helpers in #mirc and found nothing.

If it is not a bug then opinions/answers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Swaccy; 30/08/09 10:41 PM.
Swaccy #215068 01/09/09 08:07 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
To clarify:

1. You were able to see some unicode
2. You rebooted your machine
3. You were no longer able to see unicode

Does (3) still hold true? Are you still unable to see the unicode? Or did it start working again after some time?

My guess is, if your machine was on for a "long" time as you say, there's a extremely good chance at least one setting was changed or some program was installed or removed from the system. Things always change, especially over "long" periods of time. You may not have noticed the change if mIRC was open for that entire period.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #215074 01/09/09 12:41 PM
S
Swaccy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I still not able to see the unicode. And again, I did not change any mIRC settings nor run any scripts. I only use this desktop for IRC and I didn't install any programs beside !avast, Realplayer, Nero, Media player classic, Winzip and Adobe Reader. And to be exact, when I rebooted my PC Adobe asked me to update, and that's all what I did.

Last edited by Swaccy; 01/09/09 12:58 PM.
Swaccy #215079 01/09/09 10:47 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Quote:
And to be exact, when I rebooted my PC Adobe asked me to update, and that's all what I did.

That could very well be your answer.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #215081 01/09/09 11:54 PM
S
Swaccy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I have completely removed Adobe but that did not solve the issue. I still can not see the unicode. Here's a screen shot of what I see.

Link Copied to Clipboard