mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I want to join two servers by default. I have a lot of auto join favorite chans in the server 1. The problem is, chans from the server 1 will auto join for the server 2 which is bad because most of the chans aren't registered for server 2. So the question here is, how do I auto-join certain channels according to the server?

Last edited by Cartermcpyro; 16/08/09 11:37 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When adding channels to your favorites, you can specify which network(s) you want the addition associated with.

By calling up the favorites list, then highlighting a channel, you can edit the settings for that favorite, including which network(s) that favorite is associated with.

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Originally Posted By: RusselB
When adding channels to your favorites, you can specify which network(s) you want the addition associated with.

By calling up the favorites list, then highlighting a channel, you can edit the settings for that favorite, including which network(s) that favorite is associated with.
Yeah I tried that but it never gives me options. It only gives the option of "All Networks". I tried adding servers from the "options > servers" window but they still don't show.

Last edited by Cartermcpyro; 16/08/09 09:53 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Make sure you specify a group when adding the servers. The groups specified will then show* in the drop-down list along with "All Networks".

* Edit: typo

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Originally Posted By: Collective
Make sure you specify a group when adding the servers. The groups specified will then sho in the drop-down list along with "All Networks".
Nope that didn't work. frown

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Note that the dropdown list "Networks:" is not to select a server-group. It lists all groups this favorite was set to. To set/add the favorite for a group, use the "Add"/"Delete" buttons below "Networks:".

If you're not sure whether or not some server address is assigned to some group as yet, you can add/update your server addresses with commands. Example:
Quote:
/server -a irc.example.com -g Examplegroup
"irc.example.com" being the server address or server IP
"Examplegroup" being the group name

C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Originally Posted By: Horstl
Note that the dropdown list "Networks:" is not to select a server-group. It lists all groups this favorite was set to. To set/add the favorite for a group, use the "Add"/"Delete" buttons below "Networks:".

If you're not sure whether or not some server address is assigned to some group as yet, you can add/update your server addresses with commands. Example:
Quote:
/server -a irc.example.com -g Examplegroup
"irc.example.com" being the server address or server IP
"Examplegroup" being the group name
I used the Add button. Thanks! cool

Link Copied to Clipboard