Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
O
I can confirm this from my side.

2f63a83968f9586fe4fb48134253619c 1 0 6.35 Vista

It's actually Windows 7 x64; and that 1 script that is loaded, is just the initial "remotes.ini" which is blank.

This issue only happens to me when the mouse pointer is idling on top of the docked channel windows in the switchbar, and I am typing something. CPU usage spikes to a peak of around 45%

This also happened on a different motherboard with a copy of Windows 7, so I originally thought that it was caused by my video cards (since I carried them over to the new setup).

R
RRX Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
R
Well, when you move the mouse to a clickable location, let it there, and start typing, what all happens on the moment that 'focus' changed?
As soon as you start typing, it (dunno what 'it' here is - windows itself?) makes the mouse cursor disappear, until you move it again.
So which other things may happen at that very moment of mouse cursor disappearance? Since mIRC shows a CPU usage peak, it does alot work there, what can that all be?

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Hm. I noticed weird thing. Lagging happens only if window (channel or/and status) doesn't have pop-up/ballon description hint, like this one:
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laggingdesc.png

So, if I will move mouse cursor to the window with such balloon hint and start typing - everything seems to be fine (mouse cursor disappears in this case), but if I will move cursor to the window without hint (yeh, still keep typing at the same moment) - lagging happens and mouse cursor doesn't disappear.

Odd things is odd.
Tried to play with some mIRC/Windows related settings but no luck.

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')
S
Shocky Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
seems you have found the trouble...

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I forgot/lost track of this original report and ended up posting a duplicate here

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard