mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Hey all,
Is there a way to have the channels opened from the "miRC Favorites" to open in a NEW server window?
Because right now, if I double click on a channel from the "mIRC Favorites" and that channel is on another network than the one i'm currently connected to, it will disconnect me from the current one and connect to the new network without asking or even the choice to open in a new server window!
Is there a way around that?
I would just like Channels to open in a new server window if they are on a different network than the one i'm connected to.
Thanks for any help,

TSR

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Hold down the shift key and double click the channel name.

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Wow nice, is there a way to make this change persistent?
Thanks,

TSR

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Afaik not, you cannot "lock" this behavior. Also note that it will always connect you to the first networks of the network(s) associated with this favorite.
The main problem may be that it's hard to offer a multitude of options in a menu.

I could imagine a "prompt window" as a new feature:
- If the favorite isn't associated with any network, or the current network only: join the channel on the current network.
- If the favorite is associated with one or more networks (acc. to grouping at options:connect:servers) that differ from the active network: prompt what to do.
This prompt window being:
- if the current network is amongst the networks of the favorite: "join on current connection"
- a dropdown box for "network" (listing all the other networks associated with the favorite) and
- checkboxes to decide whether to "open a new connection" or to "switch the connection" to the selected network
... and finally a new checkbox in "organize favorites" that enables/disables prompting, with disabled = current behaviour of the favorites.

Maybe you think it's overkill, others may dislike the idea of a prompt, or would prefer a "favorites"-dialogue that could offer the most options. It's but what crossed my mind having read your post... smile

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I think just a new feature like this would be enough.

With the option unchecked, the behavior is what it is now.
With the option checked, if the channel needs another network to be opened, it opens it in a new window.
Simple as hell, What do you think?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Hum, although this would meet your requirements, it could cause some confusion - especially next to the "join on connect" checkbox (a new server window will result in a "connect" itself, someone may think this will open a new connection for each fav).
It also won't take into account that a favorite may be set to more than one network. smile

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
yes, I see those special cases you're talking about.
Then, indeed, prompting may be the best solution.
See you,

TSR

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Bumping this suggestion for good justice.

Link Copied to Clipboard