mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#213619 03/07/09 12:55 AM
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
the irc:// handler is working in a very weird way ...

when i click in a irc:// link it should:
verify if im already in that network, if is, join in the channel/pvt in that connection (even if are diferent servers of the same network in the link**)
if not, open the network in a new server window, instead of quit the network i was chatting (and verifying again if are diferent networks).

** for this may need a serverlist constantly up to date of all networks...
my english is not that good, ask if something is unclear.

[url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil]irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil[/url][/url][/url][/url]
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
mIRC is not quitting the current conection right away. It asks what to do:

If the link doesn't include a channel to join:
• Change to the new server
• Open a new connection

If the link includes a channel to join:
• Change servers and join the channel
• Join the channel on the current server
• Open a new connection

That aside, I see the following problems:
Quote:
** for this may need a serverlist constantly up to date of all networks...
That's not possible because there's a lot more IRC networks than the networks of mIRCs default serverlist. A new server or a new network may be created at any time.

And:
The ADDRESS part of [url=irc://ADDRESS][url=irc://ADDRESS][url=irc://ADDRESS]irc://ADDRESS[/url][/url][/url][:port][/channel[?channelkey]] is usually an "alias" that is different (more or less) from the network's name. mIRC cannot know which network the link is pointing to - until it has connected there. Furthermore:
- a network may have more than one alias (I'm not talking about different servers / server addresses here)
- ADDRESS can be an IP address (e.g. a server's IP address)
- distinct networks could - in theory - use the same network name

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I get the behaviour where irc:// links quit my current connection as the OP described. I'm not sure if it's a setting.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The "multiple choice prompt" admittedly requires a specific setting - I forgot:
Options : IRC : Catcher : Chatlinks : Confirm requests

Note that the "Chatlinks"-settings are independend from "Enable catching for:" and enabled by default.

D
OP Offline
D
have some way to the handler be replaced by a script ? i dont like any of the actual options ...

[url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil][url=irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil]irc://irc.virtualife.com.br/#brasil[/url][/url][/url][/url]
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
For my part, I can't think of one, sorry.
How to cover chatlinks clicked outside of mIRC (e.g. on a website) with a script? There's nothing like an "on chatlink" event.
And regarding chatlinks clicked within mIRC: One could use an on hotlink event - but I can't think of a reliable way to solve the abovementioned problems (in comparing a chatlink's address to the $network(s) you're connected to). Not even "brain.exe" can determine whether or not this-or-that address belongs to this-or-that network for every case. The "confirm"-box offers some options to you at least. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard