mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Horstl Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
If the internal flood protection is turned on, /play sends all lines through this feature by default. Imho a good idea.
But in certain cases it would be quite helful to have a switch that allows to /play with the "true" delay/queue settings specified in the other switches/parameters, that is: A switch for /play to bypass mIRCs internal flood protection.

Background: Twiddling with a script that extensively uses /play, and as there's also no default identifier to return mIRCs flood protection status, I have to to get these settings with custom $readini($mircini())-identifiers, to hint the script's user to his/her conflicting flood protection settings via popup, so that he/she can adjust the flood settings or turn the protection off completely (I don't want to change it without their knowledge via /flood) smirk

Would this switch open /play for abuse?
I think it won't. Whoever intends to flood another user or the sending client would deliberately turn the internal flood protection off or use a bunch of raw/msg instead of the versatile play command.
The internal flood protection is handy; I don't want it ignore regular /play-commands. I only want to be able to /play exactly like specified - if the right switches had been used, and without loosing the flood protection for pastes, regular messages etc.

Looking forward for your thoughts. Thanks!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Here's my vote.

Link Copied to Clipboard