mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#211957 06/05/09 01:05 PM
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
Why has disappeared from the web the link to the spanish translation of mIRC and maintained the links to other translations? www.mirces.com

E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
nobody?

E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
The webmaster does not answer the question, just simply delete ALL references to other translations. I would have preferred an explanation. Thanks anyway.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I'm not sure what your question is, since there is still a Spanish mIRC available from that site.. however:

1. As far as I know, the site you linked is not run by mIRC, and nobody here is the webmaster for it.

2. The site you linked violates not only mIRC's EULA, which means it is technically illegal to release that version, but they also ripped mIRC's site design and are posing as an official website, which is a serious legal problem on their end.

I'm not sure if this is the explanation you're looking for, but we can't really give you any help regarding a third party website.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
Try to explain better:

Until recently in http://www.mirc.com/links.html had links to websites with translation of mIRC, to Czech French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish and Spanish, presumably with the permission of the author of mIRC and the Web (this website, no third party website), but one day the link to the website in Spanish is missing.

After my first question in this forum have been removed the remaining links, without any explanation. That is the question, I hope you understand.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Well, the latest release of that Spanish translation site is for 6.32 which is no longer representative of mIRC's current version. I can only guess that Khaled does not want to confuse users into downloading an older, less supported version of mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have recently removed links to all of the translated versions of the mIRC website, mainly because they have not been kept up-to-date and/or have been modified in various ways by the translators that are not appropriate. A lot of work has clearly gone into some of these translations - unfortunately if they are not regularly updated, or are changed in ways that are not appropriate, then the mIRC website can't really link to them any more.

Link Copied to Clipboard