mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Here is the code I have and how I want it work.

Code:
/id /authserv auth username pass || $$1- !a username
/custom /s server | /nick username || /j #chan +k /id

I am trying to change my name, enter a channel with a key, autojoin channel, identify, and then autovoice myself. (I am not Op)

!a username is the command they use to autovoice in the room.

I have tried to alter it to work. I have even tried without the $$1- and such. Can someone help me out?

Last edited by FireDivine; 09/05/09 10:32 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
None of the above is any coherent form of mIRC syntax. Where did you get this code from? When you write code, you cannot just make up the syntax as you go along. You should type /help Aliases in mIRC to read about how to write proper aliases using proper mIRC syntax.

In any case, what you're trying to do cannot be described in one line. This is because of the fact that any command that interacts with an IRC server will have a delay. Read that URL to figure out how to deal with the situation.

Basically, typing /server does not immediately connect you to the server. In fact, mIRC won't even start connecting until your entire set of commands finish processing, so typing /server SERVER | /join #chan will not work. You'll need an ON CONNECT event to authenticate or join when you connect. However, since joining a channel immediately after connecting is a common task,

/server myserver.com -i NICKNAME -j #chan KEY

is a quick builtin way of connecting to a server with a nickname and joining a channel with a key-- this does not work for "authentication" however, though some networks support nickserv authentication by sending your password as the server pass

/server myserver.com MYNICKSERVPASS

I'm not sure what the rest of what you're trying to do is, but you will need to wait until you join the channel if you want to send a message to it-- this means using an ON JOIN event as well

You can lookup ON CONNECT and ON JOIN by typing the following in mIRC:

/help ON CONNECT
/help ON JOIN

Maybe someone else might be generous enough to write the entire script out for you here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
I forgot to mention this:
Code:
/s /server $$1-

Only reason I have been trying this code is because I have a similar one that works well.

Code:
/id /ns IDENTIFY password

Code:
/custom1 /s server | /nick username || /id | /j room

Link Copied to Clipboard