mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#210898 29/03/09 03:40 AM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I downloaded mirc and tried many times to join a chat and nobody chats with me. I suspect they cannot see me or I am doing something incorrect. I would be grateful for any help or suggestions. Thank you kindly...cherie

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Sometimes you will get chat rooms with a lot of nicks in the room, but the people using those nicks aren't actually there.

If you type //msg $me <any message here>
you should get a pm window with your nick in it and the message you posted. If you get that, then your messages are being received by the server/network.

If it seems like people still can't see what you're saying, type //echo -a $chan($chan).mode
If the letter m is in the response, then the room is moderated, which means that an op has to give you a voice, as indicated by the + character at the front of your nick.

If these don't work, try typing /!remote off
then trying again.

If you still have no luck, post back here and we might have some other ideas.

RusselB #210900 29/03/09 03:56 AM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Thank you Russel
This sounds so complicated but I will give it a try. I never realized how difficult this chat site was and I just immediately dpwnloaded it and paid for it. I am not sure I will enjoy using it too much but will try and take your advice. Thanks again...cherie

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
For most people, using mIRC as it comes from this site, is simplicity and (nearly) idiot-proof.

But we do get some people that, for reasons, sometimes completely out of their control, that have problems.

That is why I, and others on this forum, are here.. to help those people out.

RusselB #210958 29/03/09 11:09 PM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
I must be proof that is not exactlyidiot proof! What a ridiculous reply you gave...cherie

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
I do not think for one minute that RussellB was calling you an idiot, I thik he meant it is idiot proof and should work right out of the box. However as we all know should and does are 2 very different things. What network or server are you using to chat? Maybe we can help you find somewhere to chat?
Best of luck

Happy mIRC user on Linux
RusselB #210981 30/03/09 08:22 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I did not intend to imply that anyone was an idiot, and my earlier post states
Originally Posted By: RusselB
For most people, using mIRC as it comes from this site, is simplicity and (nearly) idiot-proof.

But we do get some people that, for reasons, sometimes completely out of their control, that have problems.

That is why I, and others on this forum, are here.. to help those people out.
Bolded and italicized wording in the quote made that way so that they stand out.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Idiot-proof or foolproof are both English vocabularies used commonly...but they're not used to pinpoint people as a name calling. If offended, you should check the meaning of these two words.

Tomao #211668 28/04/09 12:21 AM
I
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
I
Originally Posted By: Tomao
Idiot-proof or foolproof are both English vocabularies used commonly...but they're not used to pinpoint people as a name calling. If offended, you should check the meaning of these two words.
This has nothing to do with cherie's problem but I'm hoping you can help me. You see i am one of those idiots that have trouble with this chat trip. I know I'm an Idiot but I've learned to live with it so it doesn't bother mew if it don't bother u (LOL) Anyway i am looking 4 a chat room where i can get help with cable modem hacking. Any suggestions? I sure hpe so Thanks PEACE

I
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
I
Oh asnd by the way I am not offended in any way ! PEACE

Link Copied to Clipboard