Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
No, actually I would have been happy to use echo's around where I use scid but I didn't know how to duplicate the issue. But this has happened again now and I did put echos and recieved nothing in the window. Only the same error message.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
We can't read your script from here, post relevant code.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
No, actually I would have been happy to use echo's around where I use scid but I didn't know how to duplicate the issue. But this has happened again now and I did put echos and recieved nothing in the window. Only the same error message.

Which proves that you've got another /scid somewhere in your code that you don't know about. You may be 'pushing mIRC more than most people' or not, but if this error wasn't directly from the /scid command then that wouldn't matter, there would be a lot of people seeing this if it were a mIRC bug unrelated to that command. Remember it needn't even be plaintext "scid" in your code, it could be a dynamic command call such as "%cmd blah blah" where the variable (or identifier) supplies the command. Or it could be a timer (I know you said you've checked but the timer could be intermittently created), or the command could be being provided to mIRC via DDE, COM, or a DLL. It could even be the result of an exploit in your code where someone is trying to execute that command remotely (although admittedy it's unlikely that they'd be using /scid).

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol

Is it a mIRC bug? I personally don't care. Logic tell's me noone is perfect, not even Khaled. :p Experience tells me not many push mIRC as I do. Experience also tells me, just as my code that works with 99% if the people, there is always that 1% that finds the little bug you (I) missed or didnt think wuold be an issue. Granted it works fine on 99% of everyones machines, if it doesn't work on 100% then there is an error in your code/foundation. It's usually something small you didn't see or hoped noone would catch. This is my experience writing scripts for the public.

Ok, can I stress again, noone is perfect? Nor are we intended to be.

Thank You.

i think you should call it a day lol!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: pouncer

i think you should call it a day lol!

Amen. I can't believe everyone is still trying to convince this guy who still doesn't get it and apparently never will.

D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Thanks starbucks. I guarantee I dont have another scid, inadvertantly or not besides ones that mirc may use in its own commands. i.e.: /server.

I do have the mIRC automatic rejoin on.

I won't post all my code. It is still under development and I like to keep it private before I make it public. Besides its almost 1000 lines spread over 4 files. However, I have shown all instances of scid and after this post and talking with friends I decided to remove most of those anyway. I used them out of concern about what mIRC would consider the active connection. Thank you for helping me understand that an event will only perform commands in that cid.

I do have a question about this disconnect event. Though this wasn't present with the initial error, it may be causing the recent one. As I said, this issue arises after multiple disconnects.

Code:
on *:disconnect:{
  if ($network == blah) { nick %dynamic_nick | server irc.server.net 6667 }
}

Point of this is that on this server the login account name is an email address, not your nick, so when it disconnects mIRC makes the nick $mnick, but $mnick is another nickname I have connected to a different network on the same mIRC. So it connects as "guest_$mnick".

So the status window stays open. This would mean even though the connection disconnected, the cid doesn't get deleted right? So the command /server with no switches will connect to the server on the existing connection I'm assuming.

Also, no timers. Only dll I have is dcx, no com object code in my scripts and I don't see how I would have an application trying to communicate with mIRC via DDE. I really doubt someone is trying to execute commands remotely through this mirc.

Thank You

D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Ya well I don't give up that easily.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You don't want or you can't ? What's the problem with understanding that nothing but a /scid command give you the error ?
I'm sure you've already tried a lot of things to debug your code, but really, you think that if there was such a bug in mirc it will display you THIS error message ?

You've said earlier :

Quote:
It's funny, because this proove that there's a /scid that you're not aware of somewhere :')...

Also, another clue is that you've reproduced the error two time in a short period while others never reproduced it.

Last edited by Wims; 10/02/09 07:50 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard