mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
bzImage Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
This might be a little ticky, but it is excessive, and its hard to spot if you dont parse numeric 324 to where you really notice it, but I shall just go into explaining the bug.

The following must be TRUE
1) You're identified with nickserv.
2) The channel you join must have chanserv autoop you.

parsing 324 and doing a simple /echo | halt will make this very apparent but I shall display the debug:

-> MadFun.WyldRyde.Net JOIN #madfun
<- :bzImage!Baka@madfun JOIN :#madfun
-> MadFun.WyldRyde.Net MODE #madfun
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 332 bzImage #madfun :[MadFun.wyldryde.net] Please see #thecity for our home channel.
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 333 bzImage #madfun bzImage 1051151626
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 353 bzImage = #madfun :bzImage @Tsukasa @b0t
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 366 bzImage #madfun :End of /NAMES list.
<- :ChanServ!services@wyldryde.net MODE #madfun +q bzImage
<- :ChanServ!services@wyldryde.net MODE #madfun +o bzImage
-> MadFun.WyldRyde.Net MODE #madfun
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 324 bzImage #madfun +ntr
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 329 bzImage #madfun 1051151537
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 324 bzImage #madfun +ntr
<- :MadFun.WyldRyde.Net 329 bzImage #madfun 1051151537
<- :bzImage!Baka@madfun PART #madfun
-> MadFun.WyldRyde.Net PART #madfun
<- :bzImage!Baka@madfun PART #madfun

As you can see, it requests the mode (like it should) when you join, but once chanserv does his thing, mirc oddly requests an additional mode, if I am unaware of there being a purpous to this second request I would like to be informed, otherwise, I am off to script a work around grin

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It does it because some servers don't give you all the channel modes (such as the channel key) until you are opped.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In some IRCd's when a user is opped "hidden" modes reappear on the channel. The first mode is when you join, and the second is after your opped when it is requested. Because of latency, then appear to be next to each other, and redundant. Just one of those things you can avoid. The easiest thing to do is not halt it, but add a timer to echo the data. Make it something to the effect of:
Code:
raw 324:*: {
 .timerraw324 1 1 /echo mode set to: $3-
}

or something to that effect. Anyways, resolving it isn't hard. grin

-KingTomato
B
bzImage Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Ahh I see (Glad I caught this before I noted khaled on it directly) thanks for the timer solution (I'll have to do some testing) but I get alot more info when I am not running a plain client to get debug info grin

I think the timer wouldnt be the best solution since it might display too early, or too late after other information... specifically in this order:

"$nicklist"
mode/#antispyware(+ntr)
Channel #antispyware was created on Mon Apr 21 23:05:40 2003
bzIRC: Join to #antispyware was synced in 40.187 secs!!

So I might need more then 3 lines to do it, but hey, thats what testing is for (knowing me Ill live with 2 modes being displayed and not do anything) blush

B
bzImage Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Then again.. I do oper on the server in question, so I could probably talk the admin into giving up a little more information then the server does at the moment...

(I have a /bans that used to display ones applied on me if I wasnt in the channel && mode +b was alloud externally, one feature I made and miss now) smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard