mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
llVIU Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hello, I have a few questions about colors of nicks, you can find this tab if you right click a nick in a channel, click info, then go to "colors" tab, there's another way to go there but I forgot how

1. How can I make it show a specific color for someone who is protected (+a) or owner (+q) in a channel?

I know you can use "channel modes" to set color for halfop using %(+h) and so on, but there's no such prefix for +a or +q modes

2. What does "lists" do, the one with options "ignore, op, voice" etc.

3. How does "user levels" work, do I have to give users specific levels using some adress book of some sort or does it work by user ACCESS level in the channel?

Thank you very much!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
1. How can I make it show a specific color for someone who is protected (+a) or owner (+q) in a channel?

I know you can use "channel modes" to set color for halfop using %(+h) and so on, but there's no such prefix for +a or +q modes

Just check "channel modes" and add ~ for +q and & for +a

Quote:
2. What does "lists" do, the one with options "ignore, op, voice" etc.

If someone is in your /ignore list for instance, you can show them with a specific color.

Quote:
3. How does "user levels" work, do I have to give users specific levels using some adress book of some sort or does it work by user ACCESS level in the channel?

See /help levels

L
llVIU Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks a lot! I got the hang of everything except partialy 1.

It shows on another server a different color for ~ and & but that's because they just have those mods visible on the channel user list

However on the server I normaly use you can have (for example) +ao and it will still show @ in front of your nick, or if you have only +q it will not show anything in front of your nick, so I guess mIRC can't see that +a or +q mode so easy...

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
mIRC only see what the server send, it's a server option to not show the & and ~ with the nick, that's why it will work with some server but could not with other.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard