mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#206801 25/11/08 11:47 PM
T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Ok i am having an issue. I am on a small network and being harassed by a few...I am trying to figure out if it is possible to scan a network for a hostname/ip like
ewcflash@53CC37.F0A368.0F2162.A5B497

and track them down
basicly what i want is to
/whois ewcflash@53CC37.F0A368.0F2162.A5B497

anyway to pull this off?

Last edited by ToRmEnTeD; 25/11/08 11:52 PM.

Rock and Metal Music videos ON DEMAND!
<<<<<< http://www.tormented.tv >>>>>>
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In that format, the answer, to my knowledge, is no.

The /whois command requires a nick, not an ident@host format.

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
so no way to make a bot join every channel and whios the channel and come back to me with the nick and chan the host is in?

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
im not worried what method i use...just as long as it finds the host

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I realize you're asking this in the scripts forum, but imho issues like this should be forwarded to the IRCOPs of a network (and they are able to use /who +u or /who +h).
If you decide to connect a bot that is massjoining channels to collect userdata, notably with the mere intention to "take law in your own hands", IRCOPs (who might actually help you with this issue) might rather turn against you...

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
its more so to just be able to find out who is who and where they are comming from but i will try to talk to the admin however i doubt that will go very far.

Ok so mass joining might not be the best idea...but what if
I was to sit in a room..could a script be made to find, track and log the nicks used by a owner of an IP or Hostname ?

_
Babel fish
Babel fish
_
This is possible, however as it was pointed out most networks already have taken a strong stance AGAINST this kind of behavior as it serves no beneficial use whatsoever. That's why some major networks have crippled /who (which is what you can use for filtering hosts). If you're having an issue with a small network, I suggest contacting the admin. If that goes no where, change networks. The only thing you can do is flood the user since this small network obviously uses hostmasking, and that won't get you anywhere.

As this leads to IRC war scripting, this is no longer a viable topic to discuss on these forums.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
could a script be made to find, track and log the nicks used by a owner of an IP or Hostname ?
This has been done several times. The one I wrote is Alias Tracker

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Ok so i have this and i gotta say...wtf do i do with it lol. I added it to my remotes... How do i use it?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
OK, You've added it to your remotes. Did you run the initialization/start-up sequence after you loaded the file?
If so, then you don't have to do anything else, as the program will track the information, and display the nick(s) that match when appropriate.

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
I just simply copied the code into a new scrip under my remotes... and clicked ok ..It usually works. What would i need to type in like you said ?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Absolutely nothing.
Now that you have the script loaded, when a person joins a channel (that you are also in), their nick is added to a list of nicks that have been recognized as using a specific address.

If more than one nick is recognized for the address, then you will see a message in the channel stating all of the recognized nicks for the nick that joined.

Eg: RusselB aka RusselB-afk, DJ^RusselB
This message is sent to you via the /echo command, so only you see it.

If someone changes their nick, then the new nick will also be added, but there is no message that is sent.

So the only time you will see a message from the script, is if someone joins the channel and they have been recognized as having used one or more alternative nicks.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
In addition to RusselB's event-based script, you can always scan mIRCs "internal address list" for wildmask matches (Below's a short example script).

There are several methods to evade "matches" anyway: if you check for *!user@host for example, a clone with a different username won't match; "dynamic IPs" = host addresses changing frequently; BNCs and other proxys; vHosts...

Use "/ialcheck" or "/ialcheck <fullmask (wildmask)>".
Code:
alias ialcheck {
  var %mask = $iif($1,$v1,$$input(Enter a wildmask (nick!user@host) to check in $&
    your internal address list for,eg,Find matching uses in internal address list))
  var %t = $ial(%mask,0), %n = 1
  echo -agc info There are %t matches for mask $qt(%mask) $+ .
  while ($ial(%mask,%n).nick) { 
    echo -ag  >> %n : $+($chr(2),$v1,$chr(15)) ... $ial(%mask,%n)
    inc %n
  }
}

T
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Thanks to both of you. The first script is going to work perfect for what i want. smile Already running in the channel and already keeping track of everyone.

would be nice if when someone msg you if it would scan the IP and give the nicknames in the msg so you know who you are talking to ?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
If it's about query windows, alter the code performing the "join-scan" and put it in an "on open" event like:

Code:
on *:open:?:*: {

; I just took this piece of code out of RusselB's script, 
  ; and changed the echo-target to be "$nick"

.hadd -m AKA $address $addtok($hget(AKA,$address),$nick,32)
  if $numtok($hget(AKA,$address),32) > 1 {
    echo 4 $nick $nick aka $replace($remtok($hget(AKA,$address),$nick,1,32),$chr(32),$+($chr(44),$chr(32)))
  }
}

(untested)

Link Copied to Clipboard