Print Thread
#206492 16/11/08 12:10 PM
D
Dankirk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
I discovered /splay crashes mIRC when I'm giving it any of my mp3s as parameter. I don't have any 3rd party scripts loaded currently.

/splay has worked before on this version of mIRC (6.35), but today something seems wrong. I recently installed some Windows Updates via Automatic Windows Updates, but I doubt that's the reason. Other mp3 players seem to be working, so it's has nothing to do with soundcard, drivers, codecs or the sort...

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP 32bit. Rebooting the computer or reinstalling mIRC 6.35 didn't fix the problem.

Last edited by Dankirk; 16/11/08 02:39 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
/splay has worked before on this version of mIRC (6.35)

That statement alone eliminates mIRC as being the problem.

It's not possible for /splay to be working one day and not the next with the same version of mIRC.

Quote:
I recently installed some Windows Updates via Automatic Windows Updates
If this is the only thing you have changed since /splay did work, then it (likely) is the cause.

Try removing the updates, then check if /splay works again or not.
If it does, then go through the updates again, one at a time, installing the update, then checking if /splay still works or not.

D
Dankirk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Tried removing the recent Windows updates, but it had no effect on /splay.

It seems my other computer with almost same settings and updates is still able to play files using /splay...

I'll be posting when I find the thing causing the problem.
This is getting pretty hard to trace tough... I'm somewhat out of ideas.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Since it works on one system and not the other, the problem must lie in one or more of the differences between the two systems.
(I know, talk about obvious).

If you're having a hard time tracing the differences are, just try to imagine the difficulties we would have, as we don't know what other software you have, we don't know the specifics of your hardware installations, and we don't know the differences between the two systems.

D
Dankirk Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Probelm solved,

After all it seems the most recent versions K-Lite Codec packs are making the mp3 playback with mIRC impossible in some undefined cases... I wonder which codec in the pack in particular it is that breaks the playback on my system.

What I did was once again remove the only codec pack I've been using, all the players and mIRC and then reboot. Even after reinstalling mIRC, I had to run mIRC twice, since at the first time it crashed like before. (A problem with unistallers also?)

With ffdshow I seem to be on safe waters. Thanks for help RusselB.

Link Copied to Clipboard