Print Thread
#205860 02/11/08 02:12 AM
P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Hello Everyone,

I searched around but couldn't really find any answers.. must not be using good keywords.

Basically I am running a mIRC Bot on my desktop, but I also want one of my other usernames connected.. but not to run the scripts that my bot does.

Is this possible to have 2 mIRC Clients opened on 1 computer, and not have the second one run the scripts?

Thanks!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Definetely.

One option is to install mIRC into two different directories.
There is a second option where you can specify the location of the mirc.ini file, which in turn, realistically controls what scripts are loaded, but I seem to recall that this option needs a switch for it, and I can't remember or find the switch.

Sorry about that, but doing the two installations definetely works.

P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Definetely.

One option is to install mIRC into two different directories.
There is a second option where you can specify the location of the mirc.ini file, which in turn, realistically controls what scripts are loaded, but I seem to recall that this option needs a switch for it, and I can't remember or find the switch.

Sorry about that, but doing the two installations definetely works.

It's still pulling information from the Application Data folder. Anyway I can specify a different folder to keep data in?

K
Kol Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
In the run dialog:

"path-to-mirc.exe" -r"directory"

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Put a mirc.ini in the same folder as the mirc.exe ( for the bot ).
That way it doesn't pulls the info from Application Data folder.

Greetings

P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Hello,

I know bumping old threads is considered bad.. but I figured it would help with the posts above to understand the problem.

I believe Bullseye's solution fixed it for me. But with upgrading to Windows 7, now the files are located under App Data.

Basically it's not working on Windows 7 anymore. Does anyone have this working on Vista/Windows 7?

Once again, sorry for the bump. I figured it was better than creating a new topic though.

Cheers,
Dylan

P
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Okay.. I deserve a slap on my hand frown

I searched around for a answer a few days ago. Found nothing. Just out of luck right after my post, I saw This Thread.

The answer lies in there. Sorry everyone.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
What I've done, AND it DID work, was:

- I've put my own mIRC files into my second directory (example: E:\mIRC). I've removed the "mIRC" folder from the Application Data folder, so everything will be saved on E:\mIRC.

- I've installed a second mIRC for my bot (same version) and I've put all the mIRC files into my bot its directory (example: E:\mIRC-bot). I've removed the "mIRC" folder again from the Application Data folder, so everything will be saved on E:\mIRC-bot.

After exiting mIRC, starting mIRC, exiting mIRC-bot and starting mIRC-bot for a few times, the Application Data folder "mIRC" did NOT return back and everything was saved into the directory's I've saved all my mIRC stuff in.

Squee whenever a squee squee's. Squee whenever a squee does not squee.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I install mirc to a directory, then I copy and paste mirc.exe and mirc.ini to any directory I want to run mirc from.

Link Copied to Clipboard