Print Thread
#205411 22/10/08 12:15 PM
K
Kol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
When talking about editbox, I mean a channel/status window. I saw this string which was MIME encoded so I wanted to decode it. ( http://paste.stirk.org/40722 )

I typed //echo -a and then pasted the line into the status window editbox.

First of all, pressing home didn't bring me to the beginning of the line. I had to press home, left key, home again, left key, home to get to the beginning.

Then I tried to change the base64_decode to $decode but whenever I typed something, the line executed.

Any explanation for this behavior? I'm using 6.35 and I'm pretty sure the line limit is around 4150 but this string was 2500 bytes long.

(In the end, I pasted the string into notepad++, wrote the mIRC command and pasted that in mIRC, it worked fine)

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If you're using a multiline editbox then Home brings you to the beginning of the current line, not the entire editbox contents-- use ctrl-home to go to the full beginning (similar for end). I can't reproduce the latter issue.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
K
Kol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I tested this on a single line editbox. I'll try it on a blank mIRC soon.

EDIT: Ahhh, I found a script that was probably interfering as neither bugs occurred on a blank copy. Guess I should test them more intensively before reporting them D:

Last edited by Kol; 28/10/08 12:19 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard