mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#204700 28/09/08 07:03 PM
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Okay, so I tried searching for numerous things, like edit box cap and limit, etc, but didn't quite find anything on this.

I'm using /loadbuf to load files into a certain edit box. I have a file that is almost 2,000 lines of code long and I want it to load into the edit box. However, mIRC seems to only allow up to 655-660 lines into an edit box. Is this a bug or just a limit that comes with mIRC's edit boxes? Just curious, thanks!

-Zmodem
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
AFAIK the basic edit controls in Windows are limited to 64kb of data. I think only the richedit controls are able to store "unlimited" data. mIRC uses the standard edit controls. This may explain your predicament.

Can you tell us how big the file is, in bytes, as well as how big the file *would* be if it was only those first ~655 lines? If it approaches 64kb that would be the likely cause.

Also if you have any $chr(26) (the actual character, not the identifier) characters in your script they will cause /loadbuf to stop reading.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Ahh, it makes sense now. Although I do have a file larger than 64kb that I'm trying to view, I have one that is 46.0kb that will not show either. The following is the list of the files before and after the mIRC cut, size and lines:

Code:
64kb file/1932 lines
  mIRC cuts to: 28.6kb file/658 lines

46.0kb file/995 lines
  mIRC cuts to: 29.2kb file/659 lines

Seems rather odd, to me, but I'm just not understanding it.

-Zmodem
_
Babel fish
Babel fish
_
You're not using the 'limit' item in your dialog table, are you =) ? Have you tried using /filter ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC uses the standard Windows editbox by default in most dialogs, including custom dialogs. The limit for the standard editbox is between 32k and 64k. I'll add support for richedit editboxes in custom dialogs for the next version however, which will allow you to specify an arbitrary limit using the "limit" custom dialog parameter.

Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Hey, Khaled, thanks for the heads-up! I will definitely be on the lookout for that feature! smile

Thanks again!

-Zmodem
V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
Originally Posted By: Zmodem
Hey, Khaled, thanks for the heads-up! I will definitely be on the lookout for that feature! smile

Thanks again!

Look no further. http://www.mirc.com/get.html wink

Last edited by vexed2; 19/10/08 11:43 AM.
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Downloaded it already the day it was out. Hope he adds colors and stuff to the rich edit boxes, too, font changes, etc, support.

-Zmodem

Link Copied to Clipboard