Print Thread
#205219 17/10/08 06:59 AM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this following connection error ....

* Connecting to irc.bigpond.com (6667)
-
-qld-chat.bigpond.com- Looking up the hostname for xxx.xxx.x.xx...
-
-qld-chat.bigpond.com- Please wait while your system is scanned for insecure proxy servers...
-
-qld-chat.bigpond.com- No open proxies were found on your system.
-
-qld-chat.bigpond.com- Successfully resolved your IP to xxx-xxx-xxx.ipswc2.qld.optusnet.com.au.
-
ER Unknown command.

After the ER Uknown command comes up i cant use mirc at all. I can use java through the website however.

I utilise cable now and had dialup before, now this issue has arrived.

I have looked at websites and i have seen 'interleaving', what ever that may be ..

Any Help would much appreciated

Kind Regards

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
ER Unknown command. <- is an alias in your mirc, and it's called "er", locate :connect: in the script editor (ALT + R in your mirc), remove the command "er" use the search feture in mirc, then restart mirc and try connect again.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #205222 17/10/08 09:19 AM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hi Sparta,

Thank you for your quick response,

I did everything you said word for word, even un-installed my mirc script, deleted all registry keys and re-installed Plain mirc and found same problem ... Is it possible my server is forcing this issue that i connect through ?

Last edited by Farmer4405; 17/10/08 09:21 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Try connect when you have debug window open:

/debug @debug

there you see whats sent to you from the server, and from you to the server. see if you can spot something strange there

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #205238 17/10/08 09:59 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hi,

I tried what you said, it wouldnt work, so i went the whole 9 yards and reformatted the drive, still same problem, any clues ?

Thanks

F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hi again,

To Add information for anyone who can help with this issue, i tried EFnet .. works fine, tried IRCnet ... works fine.

However Telstra wont work, still the ER Unknown command comes up and i am using Plain Mirc. I cant see that alias anywhere in plain mirc. They says its a conflict, like yes i know that !!. Anyone got any clues ?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Mail the admin's on that network, then ask them what there server sends to you, and ask what that command that are sent to your mirc do. You can also give me the network address and i can try connect to it and see what it does. =)

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
This really isnt of any help and I apologise for that. I did connect to that network without any issues. I dont know what to suggest to be totally honest.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I was wondering, you don't have any addon loaded to MSN - winamp and so on? i remember that winamp can show to mirc what song you playing, and that this addon was able to send a /command to mirc. cos i can't think of anything else then that it must be something outside your mirc that sends the command to the server. (if you are 100% sure you have a clean mirc installed)

Link Copied to Clipboard