mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I trying to get a long text from a edit box in a dialog, but it only return some of the text, not all of it, i tested to first put it to a variable, then echo the text to me with: $did(12).text , still same result, it cut of some of the text. how would i make it store the text in ether a file or in a %var? it can be up to 100 words. give or take some.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It's not the number of words that's important regarding length, but the number of characters.
I had a similar problem, and got around it by including autohs in the dialog definition for the edit box.
Technically the problem I was having, was that the edit box was stopping accepting characters entered as soon as the edit box was filled, so that number varied based on the font used and the length of the edit box.

Check your dialog layout and see if autohs is a paramter for that edit box. If it isn't try adding it, then see if you still have the same results.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
i can type 1000 char's, but when i press ok the most of them are left out.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Are you using a multi-line edit box? If so, you have to save each line from that box separately with a loop, or by using the $didtok identifier.

Example:

Code:

echo -a $didtok(mydialog,12,32)

;OR

var %s, %i = 0, %ii = $did(mydialog,12).lines
while (%i < %ii) {
  inc %i
  %s = $+(%s,$did(mydialog,12,%i).text)
}

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard