mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#204745 30/09/08 04:13 AM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I just reinstalled Windows XP and suddenly SSL support in mIRC is broken. It worked fine before. The required DLLs are in the mIRC folder and I also followed the instructions here: http://www.mirc.com/ssl.html and then restarted mIRC. Still no SSL. Help?

Last edited by The_Mega_ZZTer; 30/09/08 04:13 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Are you sure the network supports SSL connections?
If so, are you sure you're using the right server address (not network) and port, including using the + character in front of the port number so that mIRC knows that it's a SSL port?

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Yes, since it supported them yesterday, and I made my own server connection script which rules out user error since it's worked 1000 times before. I know how to connect with SSL, that's not the issue. The error message I get clearly indicates mIRC does not have SSL support loaded, and $sslready returns $false.

]Edit: Fixed. I reinstalled Windows and just ran mIRC, and apparently I guess mIRC needs some install-time registry entries. I reinstalled mIRC and that fixed it. I'm gonna call this a bug since a) the docs don't mention this is needed and b) there's no reason mIRC can't dynamically figure stuff out when it runs with missing registry entries.]

Last edited by The_Mega_ZZTer; 30/09/08 12:44 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I would not call this a bug, at least not a mirc bug.
See this thread

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard