Print Thread
#203854 29/08/08 07:38 PM
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Hay everyone don´t mIRC support the UTF-8 format

if you go in to freenode/ubuntu-se you will see that it not support it enyway to get it regonize åäö?

Maybe this can be something to add for the atuther of the mIRC

http://acko.net/blog/utf-8-mirc

it fix my problem.. but if i use that it still not fine. Cuz it not shows proper in the mIRC but the "code" still fix the problem

for me it shows like åöà and that is åäö in Swedish UTF-8

Last edited by Slaktarn; 29/08/08 08:25 PM.
Slaktarn #203855 29/08/08 10:38 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
mIRC does support utf-8 in many places.

You must have incorrect client settings, because the channel you're referring to shows up fine for me:

så va de
överhettad 24/7

etc.

All show up just fine.

Now if you're talking about the topic in the titlebar only, that is a known bug and Khaled is hopefully working on it for the next release. It likely won't be fixed soon though, as it has to do with mIRC not being a natively unicode application, which it won't be for a while. To say mIRC doesn't support utf-8, though, is mostly false. It supports utf-8 for the most part but still has some outlying issues.

Otherwise, if you're talking about the text in the channel, you need to enable multibyte editbox, multibyte display, utf-8 display and font linking in Alt+O -> IRC -> Messages to get UTF-8 working right, and then you need to (IMPORTANT!) select a font that supports UTF-8 and choose "Display and Encode" in the UTF8 dropdown to be able to write UTF-8 to the channel.

I'm not sure what the problem is here, why a script is necessary? I really think this is just a case of misconfiguring mIRC.

On a sidenote, the link to that blog post and script is 4 years old. mIRC has progressed considerably since then, the functionality within that script has been implemented, and both the contents of the post and that script are now invalid/obsolete.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #203859 30/08/08 08:26 AM
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
"(IMPORTANT!) select a font that supports UTF-8 and choose "Display and Encode" in the UTF8 dropdown to be able to write UTF-8 to the channel."

Where do i find that option? all other options "boxs" are allredy filled so something is strange cuz i can´t get it work =)

Link Copied to Clipboard