mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#203642 23/08/08 12:15 AM
KUv Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
So it took me a long time to finally stop being lazy and get on here, but yeah. About three months ago, I realized that the newer versions of mIRC were having issues logging. Some examples are like, it couldn't tell the difference between the channel #help on webchat, and the channel #help on poyonetwork. So it would only log for webchat, and not log for #help on poyonetwork. Then looking through some of the logs, I also realized that at times, mIRC stops logging. It'll say that it logs, but it really isn't. It'll log for 16 hours, and leave out the other eight.

I'm a person who's addicted to mIRC. I've always used mIRC over any other chat program. So I don't exit mIRC much except for once a month when I do a restart on my computer.

Long term, the logging is awful. Short term, it's fine. But is there a way to fix it?

Live, Laugh, Love, and Learn.
KUv #203643 23/08/08 01:00 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Alt + O -> IRC -> Logging -> [X] check the "Include Network" Box smile

KUv Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
LOL of course it's checked. But from time to time it still can't tell the difference. And it still logs only 16 hours out of 24. Is this an unfixable problem ? or something that I'll have to custom make to log all windows and write it into a file?

KUv #203745 25/08/08 11:31 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I have no problems with this setting, and have 4 different networks logging 24/7. Out of curiosity, how many windows are being logged?

KUv #203763 26/08/08 03:34 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What exactly do you mean by "can't tell the difference"? If you checked the network box they should be writing to different filenames, which should allow you to "tell the difference". If #help from network1 writes to #help.network2.log, that is a bug. Is that what's happening?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
KUv Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Originally Posted By: RusselB
I have no problems with this setting, and have 4 different networks logging 24/7. Out of curiosity, how many windows are being logged?

I'm not sure why I had issues. I had over... probably over fifty windows logging. But I got tired of it, so I uninstalled mIRC and reinstalled it, and now it's working fine. smile Thanks your all the feedback.

argv0 #204152 09/09/08 09:21 PM
KUv Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Originally Posted By: argv0
What exactly do you mean by "can't tell the difference"? If you checked the network box they should be writing to different filenames, which should allow you to "tell the difference". If #help from network1 writes to #help.network2.log, that is a bug. Is that what's happening?

Yup. It's like, it couldn't located the correct network folder, so it just found the same file and wrote over it. It didn't save itself with $+($chan,.,$network_,.,date) like it's supposed to, it just saves as $chan. x.x So it keeps replacing over the same file every 16 hours. (Notice how I didn't say 24, because it doesn't log properly for 24 hours.)

Link Copied to Clipboard