mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#203581 20/08/08 10:52 PM
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Okay, the main trouble here seems to be a simple way mIRC has always referred to it's timers (by default and by user-definition). For example, type:

Code:
/timerOne 0 300 /echo -s Test1

Now, what if I were to also do:

Code:
/timer 0 300 /echo -s Test2

The timer's name assumes the name '1' by default. However, now using $timer(N/ID) to gather info regarding the 'named' timer1 now results in only timer 1's info being shown, ie: $timer(1) = 'One'. Is there any way possible that mIRC could have a $timer(N/ID,n/i) command/tag added? For instance:

$timer(3,n) == I'm checking timer 3's, the assumed 'number' ordered timer, info. And then:

$timer(3,i) == I'm checking timer 3's, the assumed 'id' name for the timer, info.

Possible? I only ask because it's crucial for something I'm developing. Thanks again!

-Zmodem
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Why exactly is this crucial? I can think of countless workarounds here..

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I think that a option like this hasn't been asked because that's not how you should use /timer.If you don't name a timer, it's because you don't want to check it after, if you want to, simply name the timer.It is not cruxial, rather useless

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
The keyword here is 'feature suggestions'. I just wanted to suggest something that I wouldn't mind seeing. In fact, argv0, you are correct, there are numerous workarounds for this, but I was actually looking into a timer monitor add-on that I've been suggested to do, but this is just a speed bump for me. Granted, I could easily count the $timer(0) values and just hash them or store them with their relative name, but it would still be nice to see it as a feature. Who knows when it might come in handy and for whatever reason.

-Zmodem
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Forum guidleline
Quote:
# Will my idea benefit lots of users?
I rarely see features added that benefit just a handful of users. You should try to stick to suggestions that would help lots of people.
# Would it be easy to write a script for my idea?
If it's something that is very easy to do with scripts, chances are it won't be built into mIRC. (This isn't always the case, but should be considered when posting your idea.)

Link Copied to Clipboard