mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#202278 19/07/08 05:13 AM
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Every time, since maybe 3 days, I try to connect, I cannot and I have this message : "[2] Compromised hosts being used for abuse." Somebody can tell me why I can't connect ?

Thank you

Altarz

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a network issued message that tells you that the host address you are using has been used by yourself or others to abuse the network. The only way to fix this is to:
1) ensure that your anti-virus is up-to-date
2) run a full check on your system
3) If you use a router, ensure that the security on your router is active, especially if your router has/uses wireless technology.
4) If you are using a proxy host, stop.
5) Contact the network via their website

There may be other possibilities that I haven't addressed in this post, but if so, I hope that someone else will post any other alternatives that they can think of.

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I use Avast antivirus, I just received a message telling that the update is just made, I don't use a router neither a proxy (I have my own computer with my own internet access). I don't understand why it don't work.

"5) Contact the network via their website"

Can I have the adress please ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Altarz33

Can I have the adress please ?

Kind of hard to give you the address when we have no clue which of the hundreds of networks you're asking about. If the ban message doesn't give you a website, perhaps you can put the network's name into google and see if it shows a website or other contact info.

All networks are independently controlled, and the mirc website/message-board has no control over them.

It's also possible that someone else who used to use your current or nearby ip address was the culprit doing something bad, and you just got caught up in the net. However, if you were to pick another large network like efnet or dalnet and go to one of their large channels like #help and do NOTHING, and then you get banned there also after you've been on them for a while, then it's more likely that there really is something in your mirc that is causing the abuse.

This includes having loaded a script that you didn't realize you have loaded, such as someone telling you to copy/paste a command containing "decode" that you didn't understand what it meant. One of the tricks includes, when you look at your mirc.ini with notepad, and look for the section [rfiles]. If you see a line which doesn't appear to have anything after the "=", then that usually indicates that someone has gotten you to load a suspicious script.

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I forgot to tell. I use undernet. If I can have the adress, i will ask them what's the matter

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Did you try putting the network name into google as i suggested? If you had, you would have found http://www.user-com.undernet.org/documents/aup.php

Not sure how much luck you'll have, since they want you to be able to tell them what steps you've taken to make sure it doesn't happen again, and you don't even know what you've done to cause the ban.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You may find this statement odd, but the ability and habit of using google to find information is something that will actually *prevent* you from getting in messes like these in the future. I say this because knowledge is the ultimate preventative tool, and google is a huge source of one. Learn how to tap it and you'll find that you'll be wasting less time posting (and responding to posts) on forums that openly admit to having little to no ability in helping you get what you need.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
Yes. I paid the $20. That was no problem at all.

Now I am unable to log on.

What are the steps I am missing here

Thanks

Steve

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The ability to log on to a network has absolutely nothing to do with paying for mIRC.

If you can't log on, then you should be getting an error message of some kind in your status window. Please provide that.

D
D
hmmm

no
it just does not respond
there is no error message

Link Copied to Clipboard