W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I'm not sure this a bug but the help file said :
Originally Posted By: /help $input
m - indicates that multiple text parameters have been specified. They will be displayed in a combobox. The first text item is the default item, the rest are the items in the list.
And when i try something like :
Code:
//echo -a > $input(Ga,m,ok,ok1,ok2,ok3)

ok1 should be the default text but isn't shown as defaut and isn't in the combo box.
If i use a window as parent, ok1 is in the list but isn't shown as defaut.Is there something that I do not understand ?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Yes, there is. The first item denotes which item (in the list that follows it is the default-- it doesnt denote an actual ITEM of the list itself.

$input(Ga,m,ok,ok1,ok1,ok2,ok3)

This is so you can have your default item not be the first item in the list-- also so you can have an editable combo box with a default value that isnt in the list. more functionality.

But I admit, the help file is very ambiguous with the definition of the "default item" parameter.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Thanks for the explaination, i understand now how it work but you said that the first item denotes which item in the list is the defaut and after that we can have a defaut value that isn't in the list...I'm confused.

$input(Ga,m,ok,ok1,ok2,ok3)
This should set the defaut item to ok1 and the list should only show ok2 and ok3, right ? It only display ok2 and ok3 in the list, there isn't ok1 as defaut

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard