mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#202256 18/07/08 10:58 PM
DiMTRX Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Wil there ever be an option to place your addrbk.ini in a different folder then the mIRC main folder ?

I got my mIRC currently setup so it looks for all my separate .ini files in my ini directory inside my mIRC dir. Except for my mirc.ini that is.

But when i try to move the addrbk.ini to that folder and modify the mirc.ini to point to that directory, then the file isn't loaded.

When i add a new person to the addrbk then it just creates a new addrbk.ini in my mIRC folder again.

Thanks in advance smile

Active mIRC user since 1998
DiMTRX #202263 19/07/08 01:38 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It stores the addrbk.ini wherever the mirc.ini is, I bet, or whatever the $mircdir is (if you changed that manually via the Command Line options). This is the same as control.ini and other various ini files it needs to run, so there's no special reason/need to be able to specify a location for it manually. In fact, you can sort of specifcy a manual location by specifying the mircdir.. as such, you should just make your "ini" directory your $mircdir. Problem solved. You can do this via command line options, besides moving the mirc.ini around.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard