Print Thread
R
rjalex Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Dear friend,
I am using mIRC 6.31 and despite looking at the help and Googling for this I feel totally lost. Can anyone help me please ?

Here is what I need. I often work on Photoshop with mIRC that will be hidden or have mIRC active while I do other stuff at home and would like the PC to alert me with a sound (possibly a different one of each) and/of lashing taskbar for the following:

a) Any text typed by my friend with a certain nickname (and if possible even if he/she changes the nick such as Nick|AFK )

b) Any typed text, from enyone, in a PM

c) Any time someone types my nickname in the chat window

Thank you so much for any help

Rob

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Kindly refer to the notification section of mIRC's Address Book (accessed by using /abook)

R
rjalex Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Thank you very much fro bringing me NEAR the solution :-) I have tried setting up things from within that address book menu but am frustrated by the many pages I am not catching.

The most urgent one is that whenever my best friend writes in the channel I am connected to, if the window is not active in the foreground, I get paged by a sound.

Could you help me understand how to achieve that or point me to some tutorial ?

Thanks a lot

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Since you don't know what your friend is going to type, it doesn't look like the address book will fulfill your requirements. I may be mistaken about this, as there is a regex option for the match section, but I'm not familiar with regex.
If someone that is familiar with regex can show how this can be done using regex, please post with appropriate code.
In the meantime (and in case it can't be done), you should be able to use something like
Code:
on *:text:*:#:{
  if $istok(<friend's nicks space separated>,$nick,32) {
    .splay <sound file>
  }
}

Replace the parts in <> with the appropriate information, and remove the <>

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
For a) "highlight/notify about text typed by a specific user" (not specific text), there's the "match on nickname" option. Matchtext is the nick, or multiple nicks.
Alternatively, you may use the following method to match "FriendsNick" and "FriendsNick|afk" etc (like "Friendsnick*"):
- enter in the matchtext editbox: \QFriendsNick\E.*
- check the "regex" box

For c) "highlight/notify about text containing your nick", theres the "match on text" option. Simply use $me for matchtext.

b) Can be scripted like:
Code:
; if someone types something in PM
on *:text:*:?: {

; flash the mirc icon (only if mirc is not the active app)
  flash -r $nick said in PM: $1-

; play a certain soundfile
  splay path-to-a-soundfile.wav/.mp3
}

Last edited by Horstl; 09/07/08 06:37 PM.
R
rjalex Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Horst and Russell thank you SO much !!! I think the Internet is a great place when knowledgeable people like you go out of their way to help a total stranger.

The Nick Colours dialog does not seem to accept Regexps ... any ideas ?

Take care

Link Copied to Clipboard