mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
a right click event in a dialog list box would open up a whole new world to scripting in dialogs.

Nozparker

Last edited by NoZparker; 05/02/07 07:02 PM.
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
after quite some time i'm still waiting for a right click menu option for a dialog listbox. I'm wondering if this post gets read. Just a short reply of "No you ain't gonna get one" would be summat

P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
You can actually create your own menus using the dialog rclick event together with picture windows.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Khaled does read all of the Bug Report and Feature Suggestion posts, but normally only replies to items in the Bug Reports section. As to a Yes or No, only Khaled has the authority to say that, and he does have a list of items that he plans to incorporate in future versions, but sometimes it takes a few versions to come out before a feature is introduced. Also note that there has only been one release of mIRC since your original post.

I don't think Khaled has ever said that a particular suggestion will never be implemented, although some of the suggestions have been made so many times and over so many releases (eg: emoticons) that, realistically, they probably won't be incorporated.

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Thank you ... RusselB for your reply, at least i now know that my post has been read.
Fingers crossed for the future.

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Well for those that are interested
I've managed to simulate a right click menu with either a sclick or a dclick (what ever your preferance).
Put your listbox1 on your dialog, along with a hidden listbox2
On initialze fill your listbox2 with options such as Open, Delete, Remove from view etc.
Fill your listbox1 with (in my case lines of path \ filenames)Then when you click on a line in listbox1 have the script disable listbox1 and make listbox2 visible
Using MDX, when listbox2 becomes visible you can have it postion next to the cursur.
With a few maths you can alter the position of listbox2 so that it can never show overlapping the border of listbox1.
You can also use the on dialog mouse event to to hide the listbox2 and enable the listbox1 (if your mouse goes outside the border of listbox2) ready for the next mouse click.
Obviously on selecting an option in listbox2 the script should also have listbox2 hidden and listbox2 enabled.
I know that DMX would do this better, but it looks like i would have to re-write the whole script using DMX to achieve a simple option menu.

heres an example for the option selection:-
if ($did == <listbox2-ID>) && ($did($dname,<listbox2-ID>).text == $(open)) {
run " $+ $did($dname,<listbox1-ID>).text $+ "
}

Lookin forward to the comments.

Last edited by NoZparker; 22/08/08 04:23 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Looks like a half-decent work around that some people will be able and willing to use. Personally I will not use MDX (the list of reasons is too long and not relevant to this topic), so it would be nice if there was a way to do this in basic mIRC as well.

DMX? I think you mean DCX.

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
lol yes i did mean DCX.
what i would like to say right now is that i think it's incredible that mirc was written quite some time ago, and that even though there has been a few updates, right from the start most things needed was included. They thought of just about everything.

Link Copied to Clipboard