mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
IS there a way to change the way highlighting works in the room/status windows? The block of text that you highlight doesn't stay highlighted so that you can right-click-copy. Instead you have to highlight and ctrl-c BEFORE you let go of the left mouse button. Can this be changed so that the text stays highlighted, until a couple button is clicked to copy?

I registered; you should too.
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
You can use an on text event to catch certain letters, words, phrases and put them in the clipboard that way.

Code:
on 1:TEXT:*:#MyChannel: {
if Blah isin $1- { clipboard $1 }
}

That would put the whole line into the clipboard (after clearing out whatever is in the clipboard first).

Edit: I think I misunderstood. You want something that when you drag the mouse across text on screen that copies it to the clipboard? Just hit control-insert.

Last edited by Thrull; 17/06/08 09:28 AM.

Yar
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
He want a change behavior, when selecting some text n a window, he want that the text stay selected (even if he don't hold down the mouse anymore) in order to have the choice to right click the text to copy.I'm not sure about what can be done.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You don't have to Ctrl+C to copy text, it is copied automatically when you release the left mouse button.

In any case, why would you want the text to stay highlighted?

Edit: corrected typo "right mouse button" to "left mouse button"

Last edited by qwerty; 17/06/08 02:57 PM.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
i want it to stay highlighted so I can right click and copy it then it'll un-highlight. As it is, if you highlight and let go of the left mouse button before pressing ctrl-c to copy the text, it will un-highlight.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

qwerty is saying that you don't have to ctrl+c to copy the highlighted text, just highlighting the text copies it to the clipboard. If you want to copy the control codes (colors etc) with the text, hold C while highlighting the text and they too will be copied, otherwise they're stripped out.

A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
You both are not understanding. Try to highlight something in a room window or status window. It will not stay highlighted (like it will in the script editor window) so that you can right click to copy it. Once you let go of the left mouse button after highlighting it, it will unhighlight. You have to press ctrl-c to copy it before you left go of the let mouse button.

If you don't understand this, don't try to help with this question. I've explain this THREE times now and other people have agreed that highlighted text doesn't stay highlighted so that you can right-click to copy it.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
What you're not understanding is that you do not need to press ctrl +c (or right click and select copy) to copy something in a room (channel) or status window. The very fact that it was highlighted is sufficient for mirc to copy it to clipboard. The only reason you would need to use the ctrl key at all is to copy ctrl codes (colors, etc.) along with text.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; 17/06/08 02:53 PM.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
you don't even need ctrl+c -- just ctrl while highlited copies the colors - as for your main ? there is no way to make it stay highlighted till you copy it with a script - just left click and highlight and it is copied -- with colors press ctrl adn highlight and colors are copied - period

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Yes Ctrl to copy control codes lol .. that's what I meant to type instead of just C smile

AWEstun, just highlight (select) some text in a window in mIRC and then paste into a txt file or something. You will see that the text was copied to the clipboard just by highlighting the text. No Ctrl+C or right-click is necessary.

A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Ah, it does copy it to the clipboard after you let go of the left button. This I did not know, but now I do.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
But you did know (Yesterday at 08:31 AM) by qwerty smile Next time read answers your given properly a few times. Then people won't have to repeat what has been told. Btw, the ONLY TIME YOU REQUIRE to hold the left mouse button after highlighting and CTRL is when you want to copy the color codes or underline etc... as just highlighting and releasing only copies a stripped version of the text to your clipboard

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Originally Posted By: Lpfix5
But you did know (Yesterday at 08:31 AM) by qwerty smile Next time read answers your given properly a few times. Then people won't have to repeat what has been told. Btw, the ONLY TIME YOU REQUIRE to hold the left mouse button after highlighting and CTRL is when you want to copy the color codes or underline etc... as just highlighting and releasing only copies a stripped version of the text to your clipboard

6:31 AM; -6 here.

Link Copied to Clipboard